7.09.2012

Day 413

I woke up this morning around 4:45.  I'd had a dream in which this old lady was screaming at me... not yelling but legitimately screaming something fierce.  It was more than a little startling.  I contemplated getting up, but decided to go for another 45 minutes of sleep.


When I did wake up... well, you know how it is.  Had someone given me the option of sleeping for another 2 hours I would not have issued a single complaint.  But I digress.  It was time to get up.


This morning I worked with Vivian on a quarterly project.  We got as much done as we could at this point, so that was good.  After lunch I worked with Lee on filing new rates in a few states.  Usually what happens is that a department wants to raise/lower rates by some amount, then they ask the actuarial department to see if we can actually do that.  So we look through the huge database and determine how the numbers work out.  It's a pretty interesting process.  


When I got back from work I talked with mom for a bit about our days.  Then I sat down and stared blankly at a wall for about five minutes.  It's very refreshing to do that.  I have a hard time winding down while driving, so usually my arrival at home marks the beginning of my unwinding for the day.  Since most of my day consists of staring at tiny numbers on a screen, it's nice to stare at a blank wall for a change.  It usually only takes me about 5 minutes.


Mom made leftovers for dinner.  They were very good.  Yesterday she grilled chicken and it tasted really really good.  After dinner mom went to work on some things outside so Kimmy and I cleaned up the kitchen.  Dishes are never-ending.  Just in case some of you were uncertain... they go on forever.


After cleaning I moved some laundry... then ceased to be productive.  I was fine with this decision.  Tomorrow I need to go get my oil changed though.  Apparently driving 600+ miles a week really takes a toll on your car.  Who would have known?


Ok.  That's probably it for now.  I'm going to get some sleep.  Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment