7.05.2012

Day 409

Today, like most others, began.  Then it continued on for a while.  At some parts, it seemed to take a surprisingly long time.  These instances I have affectionately labeled as "My Commute."  Other times seem to go by remarkably quickly.  I call these "Sleeping," "Break Time," and "Fun with Friends and Family."


Like my average day this summer, I spent a third of my day at a place where I make some money.  I, along with many people who I do and do not know, collectively refer to this thing as "Work."  Work is often seen as a necessary evil to advance society and, more importantly, pay rent, keep the lights on, and maintain a satisfactory level of food in my belly.  There are some, myself included, who generally enjoy work.  Though everyone has their reasons (for some it's the actual job, while others find satisfaction in the sense of accomplishment they achieve through going to Work), we all continue to go and participate in this ritual.


So today was like most of the other days in which I ended my Sleeping ritual far too quickly and began my Work routine far too early.  But no hard feelings were exchanged between Sleeping and Work, so we're all still friends.  While at Work, I had an exchange over the consumption of nutrition (a series of actions we call "Lunch") with a particular cohort named Lee.  We discussed the superiority of a 4 day Work Week (with 4 ten hour days) over the traditional 5 day Work Week (with 5 eight hour days).  Personally, I would love a day off in the middle of the week. Lee, on the other hand, would prefer a three-day weekend.


Anyhow, Work was fine.  Nothing too major or exciting to report.


After Work, I talked on my mobile cellular device with a certain Tim Hollowell to catch up, exchange pleasantries, and discuss how life has been going.  It was good to hear from him, as always.


I had dinner with mom and dad.  [EDITOR'S NOTE: The following message has been abridged at the request at one or more of the participants.  Thank you for your cooperation.]  After dinner I helped mom and dad move some things in the basement in preparation for the arrival of our new freezer tomorrow!


Then I went over to Becky's.  James is home from vacation, so I got to see him again!  Miles and I ate Lava Pockets.  Then we watched some Youtube videos, discussed computers we'll never get, and talked about silly Facebook statuses.  It was a good time.


Now I will partake in the beautiful miracle of sleep.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment