7.29.2012

Day 433

Oh goodness.  Today was a long and busy day.


My body decided to wake up around 7:30.  I stayed in bed for a little longer and tried to convince myself to fall back asleep, but I had no such luck.  So I got up and ate and all of that jazz.


I really enjoyed the sermon at church today.  I wish I'd had a pen with me to take notes because I don't remember everything that was discussed.  The main topic was Jesus' transfiguration and the significance of meeting Elijah and Moses on top of the mountain.  I remember pastor Craig saying something that made me think "Wow, that's a really good point that I'd never considered before!"  But I have forgotten it, and now I am sad.


After church we had lunch and left for our adventure!  Mom, dad and I went to Muncie to see a house that Kimmy and I had considered renting.  So we met Kimmy there, met the landlord, and walked through the house for a while.  It was pretty nice.  The last tenants haven't move out yet, so there was still some... stuff.... left behind.  But the landlord assured us that everything would get cleaned and fixed before we moved in.  It's a little more expensive than I had wanted to pay for housing, but we get a lot for the price and we really need a place to stay.  So we're going to live there.  The landlord was very easy going and incredibly helpful.  I'm pretty excited.  We didn't get any pictures, but we'll be sure to document when we move.  It's pretty fantastic.


When we'd finished looking at the house we drove past a house that some of my parents' friends from church own and rent out to people, just to see how it looks.  Then mom and dad went on home.  Kimmy and I went to go see Kathryn for a little bit, since she was in town at the time.  She was in Muncie over the weekend moving into her new apartment, so we stole some of her time for a bit.  That was fun.  We just talked and caught up on life and everything.  Even though grad school is really hard and things, I'm excited to move back and see all of my friends.


After that we came home.  We got back around 8:20.  Then we packed the van up for our trip tomorrow (back to Muncie......).  Aunt Kathy and Beth are here, so we talked with them for a bit.  But mostly we packed the van.  It's going to be a busy week....


And now it's time for bed.  Good night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment