7.29.2012

Day 432

Hello there.


Yesterday was quite intense.  It started off with good old breakfast and showering.  That wasn't the intense part.


After my normal morning rituals I did my finances and packed up the van.  I'm taking a load of things to Muncie tomorrow, provided that everything works out today (more on that later).  So I packed then van, then did some cleaning.  I think it finally started to hit me that in less than a week I'll be married and moving out of Findlay.  It's weird.  That wasn't the intense part either.


Mom and dad and I went out to dinner at Steve's Dakota Grill.  We saw Juan, and old church friend from when I was in high school.  We talked with him for a little bit before we were seated.  I hadn't seen him in a few years so it was nice to be able to catch up a little bit.  Anyhow, dinner was really good.  We talked about wedding things and marriage nonsense.  I asked them what sort of things they had to change in themselves after they got married.  We had a nice little discussion about that.  But that wasn't the intense part.


Remember that time when I thought I had a place to live in a few weeks?  Yeah................. apparently the landlord's wife rented the house to someone else and he didn't know until yesterday evening.  That was a little difficult to take.  I certainly don't blame them or hold it against them.  After all, they just need people to live their and (in a completely objective sense) it doesn't make much difference who it is.  All is not lost though.  They have another house for rent that we're going to look at today.  It's on the upper edge of our price range, but I think we can still do it.  So we'll see how that goes when we give it a visit today!


After all of that silliness I went to go hang out with friends.  James' birthday is today, but we got together last night to celebrate.  Our plan had originally been to go up to Bowling Green, but then we decided not to... we were all feeling pretty lazy.  I had a lot of fun though.  We listened to music, played with fire outside, I taught Cory's girlfriend a little bit of swing, watched our current favorite youtube video (many many times), and played silly games.  It was quite fun.  James is officially a year older!  Good work, team.


Ok.  Off to tackle this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment