7.02.2012

Day 406

Alrighty.  Today started like any self-respecting Monday: still a bit sleepy.  But after a shower, breakfast, and some coffee I was feeling pretty good.


I was a little frightened when I got to work.  I arrived at 7:50 and I was the only one there.  This wasn't so unusual, as both Phil and Lee are out of the office until Thursday.  But it got to about 8 and still no one was there, which is definitely not normal.  So I went to go see Jeff and figure out what to do next.  He and I talked for a bit about what needed to be done that day, then about the storm from the weekend.  Vivian came in around that time and we caught her up to speed on work today and the storm business.  Then she and I went back to my cube to finish our end of the month work.


During break, Denny and I talked about the storm and everything.  We were discussing how much we enjoyed the casual day today (and tomorrow) and he made a comment about how nice it would be if they also had Thursday and Friday as casual days.


Roughly two hours later everyone got an email about how we would be having casual days on Thursday and Friday.  If only he'd commented on getting those days off....


During my afternoon break we were discussing the results of the Eurocup soccer tournament.  Matt always really enjoyed how low-scoring soccer is (somewhat sarcastically) and said how he doesn't understand why the soccer game even continues after the score is 3 - 0, because the game is already over!  It was funny.  Then we talked about generators and we felt like old men.


After work I came home, ate dinner with mom, and talked about work and things.  The she went to go get some ice to dad (who was at soccer).  I cleaned up the kitchen a bit, then went to go see friends! I like friends.  Marci has to leave tomorrow :(  So we sat and talked and lit the Tiki torches.  It was fun.  I did not want to leave because we were having fun.  Hurumph.


When I got back I talked with Brandon on the phone for a bit.  I hadn't talked with him in a long long time, so it was good to catch up.  He's had a really tough past few days, so we talked about it for a while.  I think he felt at least a little better.


It is officially far past my bed time, so I'm going to sleep now.  Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment