7.19.2012

Day 423

Well today was exciting!


The drive to work was pretty uneventful... until the storm.  About 20 miles from Van Wert the rain began.  And oh goodness, did it rain.  There hadn't been much rain in that area for quite some time so it was very welcome.


I did a couple updating projects at work.  That about sums up the work part of my day.  But I did get to do most of it by myself, so that was good.  I don't mind working with other people, but I feel like I'm contributing more when I can just sit down and do work.  Which is silly because I'm not contributing any more or less regardless of who is or is not sitting there.  But I guess it's just easier to feel like the work matters?  I'm not quite sure... I'll have to think about that.


After work I went to Becky's for dinner!  Miles made tacos for her birthday and they were amazing.  He marinated to steak in... a bunch of amazing things.  I don't remember what all was in it, but it had cayenne pepper in it (which is obviously the most important ingredient).  So we had tacos (with homemade green salsa, also made by Miles) and cornbread (made by Becky).  It was amazing.  Marci also joined us for dinner.  We had fun.  After dinner we played a game of Settlers.  Miles was being silly and trying a new strategy of collecting all the wheat and then trading it on his wheat port.  This would have been great except for the part where he never got wheat.  So.... his next strategy was to just make everyone else lose.  Except me, because he likes me!  Marci ended up stealing the win from me though.  Boo!


And!  And Becky made chocolate sauce for the ice cream!
Apparently they just felt like making ALL of the food today.  But it was all quite tasty.  James came over later on and we just talked about things.  The usual.  I like being able to just sit around and talk about things.... while eating ice cream!  It's pretty great.  Also we briefly discussed grammar.  Specifically the sentence "For what are you looking?"  It sounds weird, but it's correct (versus the more common "what are you looking for?").


Anyhow.  Bed time.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment