7.23.2012

Day 427

I was tired this morning.  After a long weekend of silliness, but body was still recovering.  But I made it.


I went to a meeting first thing (almost) this morning at work.  I've come to realize that the meetings at work are generally different than the ones I've participated in at past jobs.  In the past, most (but not all) meetings have been action oriented: "here is this issue/problem/event, now we need to do something about it."  About half of the meetings I've been to at work are object(ive) oriented: "here is this thing... you need to know about it but not necessarily act on it."  Today's meeting was mostly action oriented, except that (as the president of the company stated before the meeting even began), only one persons' opinion really mattered at this meeting.  Jeff was the main presenter and at the end asked if everyone agreed to his proposal.  So this meeting was sort of both action and object oriented: a large portion of it was Jeff giving other people necessary information from some work he'd done, but part of the meeting was him asking if they approved of his suggestions.


When the meeting was over I did some updating stuff with Vivian.  I think that was most of the rest of the day.  We're getting ready to finish up our end-of-the-month things, so work is getting busier.


After work I went to go teach dad's soccer team some ballroom dance!  As part of a team building event dad asked me to teach them to waltz.  And friend Becky helped me out!  I thought it went well.  They followed along pretty well.  Near the end I could tell they were done, so they requested that Becky and I dance and do moves that we hadn't been able to teach.  It was fun.  Becky did really well for only learning everything yesterday.  Good job, friend!


When I got home I looked at text books for the fall.  It appears that I'll only need two: a study guide for my exam in November and a study guide for the class the covers material for my next exam (MFE - Modeling Financial Economics).  The class for MFE uses another book that I already have.  I don't really like that book, but it's the only real text book on the market that covers this specific material.  Gross.


I got an application for the house Kimmy and I most likely going to rent in an email last night, so I started to fill it out today.  I had a few questions, so I sent those off and hopefully get a response soon.  When I'd gotten as far as I could I played Team Fortress for a little bit.  Kanissa played with me for a while, but we didn't get to be on the same team for much of it.  Which was silly.


Ok.  I'm off to bed.  Let's hope I can recover from my sleep deprived weekend now!  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment