7.18.2012

Day 422

Somehow bedtime always comes way too quickly.  Silly.


Today was casual day at work AND I didn't have to make lunch.  I didn't feel rushed this morning, which was pretty great.


This morning at work was pretty great.  The company had it's annual picnic and Bring your child to work day.  As an added bonus for those bringing their children, the Fire Fighter Museum and the Inserter Room were both opened for tours today.  So Lee and I did a little touring!


The Fire Fighter Museum is located in the basement of Central.  They have lots of firefighting memorabilia from over the years.  Mostly buckets, axes, and hats... but they also have a couple fire trucks.  So that's pretty neat.  Lee really didn't know a whole lot about any of it, so we just made it up.  We were probably pretty close on most of the history.  One thing they did have (this part is actual truth) was... fire tokens?  I think that's what they were called.  Back when fire fighters were privatized, people who had purchased fire insurance would hang a big metal fire token over their front door.  If someone had a fire token of their door, firefighters would come put the fire out and save the inhabitants if there was a fire.  If there was no fire token... well... it's a good thing it's not privatized anymore.


So we had a little picnic for lunch.  And by little I really mean it was pretty substantial.  After lunch some of the actuarial staff (including myself) went to go help Jeff teach kids how to juggle.  Most people preferred to watch, so we tried to learn how to juggle with the kids.  It went okay.  I was able to get a few consecutive juggles (and by that I mean two).  But I have the theory in my head now, so at this point it would just take a lot of practice.


Most of the afternoon (and the part of the morning that actually contained work) I worked on an update project/report thing.  I was almost done at the end of the day, but I'll need to finish it tomorrow and do some checking.


When I got home I had some dinner.  It was really healthy: hot dogs and rice.  Becky invited me to go to Logan's for her birthday, but in the spirit of knowing I'll be spending money this weekend I respectfully declined.  So I just stayed in tonight, played some games, and looked for places to stay during Kimmy and my tip to/from New York.  I believe that I have everything figured out, but will finalize things tomorrow.


And now it's far past my bed time.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment