5.31.2012

Day 374

I woke up this morning convinced it was Friday.  It wasn't until about 7:30am that I realized the error of my ways.  Disappointed doesn't quite describe my feelings accurately.  But that's ok, we're almost there.  I try not to be a "live for the weekend" type of person.  It's just taking me some time to acclimate to being gone from 6:45 til 5:45 everyday.  So it's nice to have the weekend to catch up additional nonsense.  Like not getting up at 5:30 and folding laundry.  Maybe even sell some books on ebay.  Look out, world.


First thing this morning I had a meeting with Jeff to finish up some orientation things.  We would have finished that a while ago, but he was on vacation last week and getting last minute things put in order the week before.  So here we are!  We met for a couple hours, just wrapping some things up.  He went through a hand out that gave a basic explanation of how their pricing works.


After break I worked with Lee on some more price adjustment things.  Then after lunch I did some work for Tina, updating some sheets that have not been updated for quite some time.  They're basically cover sheets that have summary information.


After work Lee and I talked for a bit about the exam process (a favorite topic) and some of the differences between the CAS and the SOA.  In the CAS there are 10 exams and 2 online courses, along with some other professional development things.  In the SOA there are 7 exams and 5 online courses, along with some other professional development things.  But I guess it all just depends on who offers me a job!  There are pros and cons to both fields.  I guess I'll just wait and see!


When I got home we ate dinner.  I talked with mom and dad for a while, then did some dishes with mom.  We discussed grammar, how odd it can be, and the trials of using proper grammar.  Some people have come to believe that I'm a bit snobbish because I purposefully do not end my sentences with prepositions. This makes some things sound significantly different.  For instance, many people use say "who do you want to talk to?"  However, the correct way of saying this is "with whom would you like to speak?" or some derivative.  Now, I realize my speech is not perfect.  I have yet to meet anyone who has perfect grammar and syntax.  The important thing is that we're all trying to do better and not being negative to those who are trying.


I do not have much else to report.  Except that I'm going to bed now.  So good night, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment