5.21.2012

Day 364

Here we go for another day...


The subject of today's post: my eyes hate me.  After graduation I'm seriously going to be looking into getting LASIK eye surgery.  If it works I would be so very happy.


Anyhow, I got up and went about my business to get ready for work.  I was about 30 minutes away when I realized that I'd forgotten my collar stays... I only have one pair so sometimes I forget them.  Oh well!


Work was pretty rough today.  My left eye was giving me a really hard time all day... and I didn't get to do much actual work.  Of my 7.5 hours of being there I actually got to do something for about an hour.  And it's really difficult to just watch someone do things in Excel for over 6 hours.  I tried to engage as much as possible without slowing Lee down too much, but most of it was really just a matter of editing or fixing data.  At the very beginning of my internship they told me that I would see both sides of being an actuary: the fun parts and the tedious parts.  It will be interesting to compare this with my friends' internships.


Timbo passed his exam today.  And he has an interview for an internship this summer... hopefully that goes well for him!


When I got back I hurriedly took my contacts out... the last 20 minutes of my drive home were absolute torture.  I'm going to be wearing my glasses tomorrow.


Dad had soccer practice to go to and mom had bible study, so mom ate a quick dinner with Kimmy and me then she had to leave.  After dinner Kimmy and I had some ice cream, then we went to go hang out with Becky and Miles.


We didn't get to stay long, but we did play a game of Dominion.  It was fun, even if Miles beat us all pretty soundly.


I wish that there was a good way for me to remember all the things that I think about on my drive to and back from work.  I have a voice-recording app on my phone... but I don't really like talking to myself.  And it's hard to remember everything.  So if someone would like to ride the Findlay-Van Wert route with me every today, it's a lot of fun!


Ok.  Time for bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment