5.26.2012

Day 369

We went to my cousin Harley's graduation today down in Dayton.  The ceremony was at 2, but we left around 10 so that we could have lunch with my Aunt Janet beforehand.  Kimmy slept on the way down.  I talked with mom and dad some, then caught up on my games of Drawsomething.  Before getting to Aunt Janet's house we stopped by the store to get some lunch meat and things to make sandwiches.


Upon arrival we met a: Harley's dog and b: Harley's grandma.  She was very nice and really personable.  I forgot how much I love high schoolers in small quantities.  High school students are about 95% developed but haven't yet been completed tainted by the real world.  Every student has, to some degree, experienced "more than they should have for that age," but for the most part they're still just raw human being that hasn't completely succumbed to societies demands.  It's fantastic.  As you get older you begin to adopt social norms and lose pieces of your individuality.  To an extent this is a very good thing.  We all have bad parts of us that are best forgotten.  But most high school students haven't gotten to that stage of life yet... they've just finished developing and have yet to get a chance to conform.  Absolutely amazing.  In the small and rare instances where I interact with high school students, that is.


Anyhow, the ceremony was fairly standard.  It was just a thing.  Then we went to dinner with everyone at this Italian restaurant.  That was quite tasty.  Kimmy and I split some spaghetti carbonara, which is Kimmy's favorite meal.  And I had a bowl of soup.  We think it was Italian Wedding soup, but I couldn't really tell.  And I didn't ask... I just ordered a bowl of soup.  So we stayed there for a couple hours, just talking with everyone that we don't get to see very often.  Harley had a pretty bad migraine (she'd had a very long day), so she left early.  Hopefully she's feeling better now.


So then we came home.  I slept on the way back.  When we got back we all just sat and talked and things.  That's always fun.  And now it's time for bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment