5.03.2012

Day 345

Short update because I'm tired and my laptop is being slow... I haven't used it in forever so all of the things want to update.


This morning I got up and everything.  I went to the computer lab to do some studying before my final.  Nothing too exciting happened... just studying.  Timbo came in a little before I left for the exam and we talked some about the life con final yesterday.


I thought that the final went fairly well. I skipped 5 questions on the first run through (out of 25 questions), then was able to answer 4 of them.  I tried one particular one about 5 different ways... the half page I had was filled with drawings of support sets and integrals... but none of them yielded any of the answers that were provided in the multiple choices.  So I just picked one that had the same denominator (12).  I finished the exam with about 20 or 30 minutes left, so I went to my office, ate lunch, and just relaxed for a little bit... letting my brain calm down.  I wasn't productive in the computer lab either, but I really just needed a lot of time for my brain to recoup.  I basically just did an entire actuarial exam (minus 5 questions) in half of the allotted time for the exam.  So my brain needed some time to just chill.


When I returned to my apartment I packed for a while.  I'm finally all packed (I think)!  I took a break mid-afternoon to play a game with Jared.  Then I packed up my computer, which will remain packed up until after I take the exam.  So the rest of the afternoon I just worked on packing and doing dishes.  Jessie and Richard stopped by to drop off some things for mom and I gave them all of my food that was going to go bad.  Much better than just throwing it out.


After they left I went to campus to drop off some books I'd borrowed at the beginning of the semester on probability.  I never used them... but I felt like such a good student!  When I got back I did some more cleaning.


Later on Kathryn and I went to Berry Winkle to get ice cream.  I got lemon something and mango sorbet.  With raspberry topping.  It was really good.  Then we went back to my apartment and watched some TV, with various bits of conversation.  We talked about how we don't really feel like grown ups, how hard it is for us to transition and find closure... and how much we like ice cream.  So it was a good time.


Now I'm going to bed.  I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow... good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment