5.14.2012

Day 357

I somewhat lost track of time... ick.  Bed time just comes too early!


I was a bit slow on getting up this morning.  But I eventually got up and went through my morning routine.  I left for work around 6:40.  A little bit later than I prefer, but I still got there early.  This week I need to make up some time that I took off on Friday, so I'm just putting in an extra 30 minutes each day until Friday.


This morning when I got there I did my obligatory checking of email then went to go work with Lee.  As people trickled in I told them good news about my exam.  Each time I tell a new person, it kind of hits me again that it's over and I don't have to worry about that exam anymore.  Sure I still have a lot more ahead of me... but that one is over.  Forever.  And I'm so very happy for that.


Let's see, I worked with Lee for the rest of the morning.  Just running reports and copying numbers over to the appropriate Excel sheet.  After we finished that it was lunch time.  Lee came to join me shortly after I got down there.  We discussed how much we miss pure mathematics and, on a related note, how frustrating it is that the exams we take are mostly theory.  The theory is great if you are creating models from the ground up... but 98% of actuaries are not doing that.  They are simply implementing the models.  Yarg.  Oh well.


After lunch I worked with Vivian on a different project.  We made some good headway, so I'm going to go in a little early tomorrow to get some more work done on it.  After work the actuarial department (sans Jeff) went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner.  It was actually the Cinco de Mayo celebration... but they were a tad late.  Some of them have been on diets and Lee was studying for his exam, so this timing just worked out better.  It was a lot of fun.  They're a really fun group of people.


When I got home I talked with mom for a bit. We talked about our days, then she had to go outside to do something.  So I went to my room and put some laundry away.  But then I got bored so I stopped.  It's really hard to concentrate after getting back so late.  I don't think it will be quite as hard when I'm studying because my brain will still be in "work mode," but once I start to come down from working I'm pretty much done.  So I just need to watch out for that.


Ok.  Time for bed.  Night, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment