5.16.2012

Day 359

I hope that someday (preferably soon) I come to like sleep.  But at this time I really do not like it.  There are so many more fun things to do... but sleep just takes up too much time.


This morning was far less than optimal.  I was probably just tired, but I was just not happy about being awake this morning.  And when I get unhappy, I tend to get more clumsy because I'm paying attention to what I'm doing less.  Which is magnified by the fact that I just woke up and my muscles are still getting used to being alive.  Additionally, I forgot that I really needed to shave, so that took extra time... so on top of being clumsy I was late.  Both of which make me very irritable.  So.......this morning was off to a great start.  Thankfully my normal remedy began to work a little bit down the highway: caffeine and an excessive bass-line.  I don't know if this is a normal side effect, but caffeine has a calming effect on me.  I'm a pretty big fan.


Work went well.  I was able to get in a little early and finish the part of the report that Vivian and I have been working on for the past few days.  I also helped Tina with some random data entry things... some of which seriously took longer to explain than to actually do.  But I did what I could.


I took a short lunch so that I could finish working the rest of the time I took off last Friday.  More copying, pasting, entering data, and making sure that everything is correct.  Vivian and I moved on to another part of the project and some of a different thing.  I'm kind of catching on to what everything is used for and such.  They told me a lot when I first started, but that's not at all how my brain works.  When I drive, I like to see a map and briefly scan the directions before hand.  Then I like to know two steps at a time: the one I'm on and the next one.  This is how I learn.  This is not how many people teach.


Oh well.


Mom made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and fried carrots for dinner.  It was really good.  After we ate I went back to TJ Max to exchange the pants.  I decided that yesterday I was just having a skinny day.  But I got it all taken care of.


When I got back we just sat in the living room and read and things.  I started reading a graphic novel that I borrowed from Miles.


My fingers are not working like they should, which is incredibly irritating.  So I think that means that I'm tired and need to go to bed.  So off I go.  Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment