5.29.2012

Day 372

Back to work today!  But not before I had a visit with the eye doctor.  He gave me a new type of contact and cleaner solution.  We'll see how well it works!  I'm going to call him on Monday to tell him if it's worth switching to the new lenses (they're a little more expensive) or if the old ones are good enough.


I worked on a quarterly project with Vivian today.  Originally I was going to be working with Lee, but he had something come up last minute, so he took today off.  But Vivian and I made some good progress.  We're continuing to update notes as we go to ensure that they are complete and look nice.  I had some time to kill before lunch, so I took a look at a report that contains much of the data we've been using.  It includes a lot of first quarter data that we've been referencing, so today I just about 30 minutes and tried to sift through it, trying to figure out what it all meant.  I'm starting to get a better feel for it, or at least the type of data that is getting represented.  On Thursday I'll be meeting with Jeff to finish up some orientation things.  I've been curious how all of this data gets used, so if it comes up I think I'll ask.  Since, you know, he's kind of my boss and most of this data gets used by him.  So he would know that type of thing.


After lunch I started on a project for Tina, doing so error checking to make sure that the data she received was, in fact, accurate.  Then I did some more work with Vivian on some new reports.  I had a good day overall.


I've been taking a decent number of notes in the notebook that I carry around.  Some of them are to-do things, others are thoughts that I have.  I need to write them up soon... they're starting to build up.


We had chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner.  It was good.  Over dinner we discussed some conspiracy with trying to (very) posthumously declare Thomas Jefferson as having an illegitimate child, then on to Canada's recent riots over sudden increase in tuition that is seen by the rioters as the beginning of undesired change brought on by the soon-to-retire working class.  After that we discussed (briefly) Greece... then somehow ended up at unions.  It was a pretty good discussion.  Basically it came down to us trying to use logic on issues that are being emotionally charged.  People are silly...


After dinner we went about our separate activities.  Mom and dad worked outside, I started laundry, then played a game with Miles.  Then it was suddenly time to make lunch!  So we did.

And now it's time for bed.  Night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment