5.06.2012

Day 348

It's probably safe to assume that many Friday and Saturday posts will be written the following morning this summer.  Becky and Miles are silly and like to stay up late...


Yesterday morning I woke up and went about my normal routine.  Mom made waffle mix so I had some waffles for breakfast.  Then we got ready to go to a couple soccer games.


First up was dad's U-10 team.  They... are still learning soccer.  The other team won by a considerable amount.  Mainly because they had a strong offense and we did not have a strong defense.  Our mid-field and forwards were fine, but most of the time if the other team started attacking it was 3 of their players against our one person playing defense... so that didn't really go so well.  After the game we took one of dad's player to her home then went off to go watch another game.  This team had a couple of dad's high school girls on it.  I don't really remember who won or lost.  This was just a recreational team and they are not allowed to have more than 5 players from 1 varsity team.  It was fairly evident which ones were varsity players and which ones were not...


After the games mom and I came home, dad went off to go watch another one.  I studied, mom did some gardening.  Then mom and I had leftover pizza for dinner.  We talked about food.  We both really like food.  I told her that most of the food that I eat is equally enjoyable... right around a 6 (out of 10).  Probably 98% of the food I eat is in the category.  Occasionally I'll have something that I really like (ribs, good seafood) that is around an 8.  But since most things are going to be around a 6, it's hard for me to get fancy.


After dinner I worked on some wedding things with Kimmy via telephone.  Then after I hung up I kept working on things for a while longer.  After that it was study time.  Mom and dad went to something for one of dad's soccer players (not a game...some "prom walk" or such nonsense) and we just sat and talked for a bit after they got back.  I told them about some pictures Amber took and we (mainly mom and me) discussed how long she'd take pictures.  Mom told me about how she'd tried to keep a journal when we (her kids) started growing up.  I told her that I'd started blogging for similar reasons... that I wanted to keep some sort of journal by which I could remember things.  It's not perfect, but I like doing this.  I also mentioned this video, which is a time-lapse a guy made of his daughter over the course of 12 years.  He would take a video of her once a week for 12 years.  It's pretty cool.


Then I went to go hang out with my silly friends.  I didn't get to finish the movie because I was really tired.... But I still had fun with them.  Now it's time to get ready for church.  By friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment