5.07.2012

Day 350

Well, this was my first day at my internship!


I got up around 5:45, showered, made some oatmeal for breakfast, and finished getting my lunch together.  I left right around 6:50.  It was such an exciting drive!  (it wasn't)


So I got to work and had some orientation things.  Filling out forms, listening to things about the company.  There was another intern with me (for a different department).  Uhh.... Eventually I went to go talk with the chief actuary and he gave me a synopsis of my internship.  Per company policy, I can't really get into details about of the things we talked about that isn't on one of the hand outs I received.  Just to be safe, since I don't really know what is or is not sensitive data.  So that was the morning.  I also had someone walk me through how to use my computer in my cubicle.  That wasn't very long.  I'm pretty decent with computers...


The actuarial department went to Bob Evans for dinner.  There are 6 employees (and me!) and they all get along really well.  I think I'm going to like working here.  They all seem hard working and a lot of fun.  Apparently they all have a friendly competition for various sporting events.  Most recently there was a big horse race... and the winner gets a "My Little Pony" trophy.  It was pretty awesome.  I had a really good time at lunch.  I was put in charge of picking dessert... I never have dessert after lunch.  And they didn't mention this until after I'd ordered my food.  So I was quite full after lunch.


When we got back I watched someone work on a project for the rest of the afternoon.  And her project involved data re-entry.  So I get to do that at some point.... She also took some time get to know more about me. She was more than happy to tell me about her kids and grandkids and show me pictures :)  It was fun.


Then I left around 4:30 and came home.  Also uneventful, except that I initially started going south on I75 instead of north.  I had a long day of trying to take in information...


When I got back cousin Nick was already here.  He's staying the night here on his way home from school.  So we had dinner with mom and talked about school.  And about my first day of work.  Mom had to go oversee dad's open field (he's on a business trip), so Nick and I cleaned up and just talked... about movies and things going on in our lives and class....and more class... Lots of school talk.  We talked about family and really anything that we could think of, we did.  It was good.


And now I'm going to bed.  Good night, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment