5.17.2012

Day 360

This morning was actually pretty nice.  I woke up and didn't feel like I had to rush.  So I just took my time, showered, made breakfast, and got ready to go.






Then this nonsense happened.  I don't recall giving my clippers permission to break.  It seems that my toenails are quite strong...


The drive to work was pretty normal.  Nothing too exciting.  There is an exit about 5 miles before Van Wert called "Middle Point."  And I always think it says "Missile Point," but it doesn't.  Which is silly, as that would make it way more exciting.


Work went well.  I had lunch with Lee and Tina.  I told them some about my wedding.  Tina and I had to educate Lee in the ways of weddings outside of his hometown.  Most people don't have fried chicken at weddings.  And it is not common at all to choose and prepare the chickens as part of the rehearsal dinner events.  No.  Gross.


So the actuarial department participates in some friendly competitions when sporting events occur.  Mostly they're probability based events.  So right now is horse racing season.  And we were all given a list of our top 4 picks for the winning horses.  I chose Dog Teeth.  I purposely did not pick the horses with the best odds.  My theory is that they probably won recently, and since streaks are a somewhat rare occurrence, these horses are less likely to win.  But I guess we'll see. I just liked the name Dog Teeth...


I was surprised that no one was home when I got there.  So I made dinner and just did some stuff around the house.  I was pretty surprised because it seemed as if mom had left very suddenly: she had her purse out, the lettuce was partially cut, and it just looked like she'd been in the middle of something and abruptly left.  Mom and dad came home around 8:45... they'd been at a soccer party for one of the dad's teams.  I have no idea which.


Other than that... I packed for my trip tomorrow, made my lunch, took the seats out of the van... and now I'm heading to bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment