8.22.2012

Day 457

I made it through another day of school!

In today's saga, I got up and read for class during breakfast.  Then I did some lesson prep for teaching tomorrow.  I think I have everything done, but I'm going to give it one last look tomorrow morning.

Since it is Kimmy's birthday today, she slept in a little bit.  Actually, she got up around 9:30 so she really didn't sleep in that late.

Unfortunately I had to go to class, even though it was Kimmy's birthday.  Harumph.  But class went fine, I suppose.  One of my classes is going to be a lot of work, so tomorrow I'm going to do a lot of reading and problems for that.

After class I came home and finished working on my lesson for tomorrow.  Specifically I wanted to make an assignment for them to do over the weekend.  Since this chapter is on routes and things, I made a map of Muncie on Google Maps and have then doing a few different things.  I'm hoping it a) helps them understand this material and its necessity in real life and b) gets them (especially the freshmen) a little more familiar with Muncie.

Since today is Kimmy's birthday, we celebrated!  First we went to Wal-mart to get her birthday present (which she'd already guessed... but she's hard to surprise).  Then we went to Family Video to get a movie.  We then initiated one of our favorite date rituals: the Fat Date.  A Fat Date is one where we get an order of Chinese food, a pizza from Little Caesar's, a movie, and ice cream.  Not only is it awesome, but it's less than $20 for both of us!  And that's a pretty good deal, I'd say.

So after acquiring all of the necessary foods and such, we came back and watched our movie during dinner.  My stomach hurt afterwards, but it was so excellent.  After the movie we played video games for the rest of the evening.  And now we're going to go eat ice cream and watch a TED talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment