8.16.2012

Day 450

You know, today was not quite as productive as I thought it would be.  But it was a good day, for certain.

After we woke up Kimmy and I cleaned the kitchen some more.  We were having Tim and Erin over for lunch, so we figured we shouldn't have dishes all over the place.  I hadn't thought about it at the time, but the lunch I made was pretty heavy for a lunch.  I still thought it was good though.



I was actually pretty impressed with how the green beans turned out and I'll probably do them again sometime.  I cooked them with onion, pepper, and garlic salt.

But lunch was fun.  We exchanged some stories of our renting experiences (because Kimmy and I have had so many).  They also told us about some things to do in Muncie.  Apparently there is a farmer's market just down the street from us, as well as a butcher.  Kimmy and I are going to go down to the farmer's market on Saturday!  It will be fun.  Also, there is a smoothie place call The Island.  Apparently some guy took a little shack and made it all beach-y and such.  We're going to have to check that out as well.

After lunch Kimmy and I cleaned up, then started working on thank you cards. It's going to take a while... but they'll get done.  I only have about 23 more to go!

Then... we went to go clean the dryer.  You see, the last tenants here apparently decided to put wood chips in the dryer.  So the inside of our dryer had about 4 billion wood chips in it.  We spent about an hour trying to get them out.  Not only were there loose chips in there, but there were also some places where it had solidified onto the dryer.  We had to use steel wool and a putty knife to get it off.  After we'd gotten most of it off, we decided to put a couple washcloths in there to get all the loose chips.

And the dryer wouldn't start.  Yay.

I did a little studying after that.  My book is split up into 65 sections, so my goal is to do one or more each day.  I've been staying on track thus far.  I'm going to try to double up a few days so that I can get some extra study days in there for reviewing, but we'll see.

We had left overs for dinner.  Then after dinner we cleaned up and played some games on our computers.  And we made milkshakes!




There were pretty tasty.

And now it is bed time.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment