8.17.2012

Day 452

Well.  We made it through yet another day in Muncie!  I got up a little early so that I could wait for the guy from the gas company to get here and turn the gas on.  I was told that he would get here "sometime after 7:30 am."  Yay.  So I was downstairs around 8 and just went about my business of getting breakfast and studying.  Someone from the gas company came around 9:30, which was far earlier than I had anticipated.  I honestly wasn't expecting someone until later in the afternoon.  You know, Murphy's law and all.  But someone came and we have heat!  For whenever it gets cold.  Knowing the Midwest, that could be tomorrow.

After studying and things we got lunch.  I made some sandwiches that I fried on the stove.  On a semi-related note, I'm a bit confused on something with regards to cooking.  What is the act of cooking something with a skillet?  "Frying" is commonly associated with "deep frying," which is heating food by use of a lot of oil.  "Grilling" is associated with using a grill or (according to Wikipedia) a griddle.  Technically most of what I do is sauteing, since I usually use just enough oil to keep the food from sticking to the skillet (or just as a general cooking agent).  But it would sound silly to say that I sauteed us some sandwiches.  And it's tedious and weird to say that I made skillet-fried sandwiches.

Anyhow.  The repair guy came during lunch with our washer and dryer.  He was supposed to have help, but I guess help never came.  So he just did it all himself.  About a third of the time was just him taking the necessary doors and railings off to move the machines up and down the stairs.  I did not envy him.

I went to a meeting for all of the graduate assistants this afternoon.  It was fine.  We all got packets of information so we just went over those.  Then I stayed around for a little bit to talk with some other people from the department.

When I got home we started making dinner.  I made a meatloaf!  And used my favorite ingredient: cinnamon.  It turned out really well (I thought).  Jessie stopped by on her way to Findlay with Kimmy and my laundry.  We'd left it there last night since it wasn't done when we had to leave.

After dinner Kimmy and I watched the first episode of Firefly.  I liked it.  Kimmy fell asleep, so she didn't enjoy the show quite as much as I did.  Oh well.

I played a game on my computer with Becky and Miles, Kimmy did... something on her computer.  Whatever it is that she does, she did it!  And now it's bed time.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment