8.27.2012

Day 462

It feels weird to get up in the morning and not go someplace, like class or work.  But it's nice getting lots of things done in the morning.  This morning was mostly preparation for class tomorrow.  Lesson planning, entering grades, and writing a study guide for the test next week.  But I was glad that I got it all done.

During class we went over more of the same thing... determining how much data is needed for something to be considered "credible."  It uses these big gross formulas that spits out a number which suggests that we need at least...say... 10,000 claims to say that our data is 100% credible.  The more certain an insurance company is that the data does not contain any flukes, the more accurate the pricing can be.

In between classes we discussed the homework we were about to turn in and talked about some issues we'd had.  Then we went to class and learned some more about pricing options when we suspect that the stock price is fluctuating.  It gets messy.

After class I came home and made dinner with Kimmy.  We had tacos!  And they were quite yummy.

After dinner I went to a meeting with some people in the Actuarial Club.  We're putting together a couple events throughout the semester to help freshman get acclimated to this field.  On Wednesday I'm going to be assisting in a presentation on preparation for the career fair.  I will be explaining some ways to prepare for the career fair, specifically how to dress and be professional.

When I got back Kimmy and I did some cleaning, then I finished up some work for class tomorrow and played a game with friends for a little bit to unwind from the long day.

And now I'm off to bed.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment