8.20.2012

Day 455

Well.  Life is officially about to get super busy.

This morning started with the normal things.  During breakfast I read some more of my textbook.  It made a lot more sense the second time through.  Since it is mainly a continuation of my financial math course, it will take some time to get back into the language of finance.

After reading I studied some more.  Today I just did review problems.

I met some of my classmates for lunch at Pita Pit before class.  There were about 6 of us that showed up.  We had fun.  We talked a little bit about our summers and who all was not coming back to school and just... whatever came to find.  Then we went to class.

My first class was my Actuarial Models course with Dr. Foley.  We went over the syllabus and he summarized some of the things that we'd be doing in class this semester.  I realized that I have done some of these things already in my time at Central, which is neat.

In between classes I tried to get some administrative work done.  I'd wanted to get my Blackboard page set up, but there were some technical difficulties with that.  So I went to the math department and they tried to help me out.  Unfortunately, the new Blackboard system and a couple of other new systems that Ball State is using are not cooperating and I haven't been able to get things working.  Yarg.  Oh well!

My second class was with the new professor, Mr. Owen.  I think he will be a good fit into the department.  He's new to teaching, but he did a good job today.  He is teaching my Financial Economics course.

After class I came home.  Kimmy and I made corn chowder!  It turned out really well.  We used corn that we'd gotten at the farmer's market, which I feel like made a lot of difference.  We both really liked it.


I went back to school after dinner for a meeting.  I met with some other actuarial students to discuss a some things we'd like to put together for the freshman and sophomore actuarial science majors.  So I met with them for an hour or so and we made some good progress.

When I came home I studied some more, watched the last part of an episode of Firefly, then finished working on my calendar.  This time included when I study and do lesson prep.  It is very full.  :(

And now it is time for bed.  Good night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment