8.23.2012

Day 458

Today has felt like a really long day.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is still the case.

This morning started out fine.  Apparently Kimmy was quite awake when I got up, so we had breakfast together.  I made my lunch and was out the door by about 8:35.  I needed to print some things off before class.

When I got to the library I tried to print to a printer that did not have a line, since I had many hand outs.  Well, as soon as I started printing there was a line.  So four people had to wait about 5 minutes for my printing to be done.  Oh well!

Class went fine.  Things started off really well, but then at the end I made an error and things just kept going downhill.  I botched and explanation, one of my students (very respectfully) corrected me, and then I was just really worried that I'd totally confused everyone.  The problem with teaching is that if you mess up, there's not much of a fall back plan.

After class I went to my office, did a little work on Blackboard for my class, then did some homework for my MFE class.  The problems are hard and true to form, the Actex manual is less than helpful.  I really really wish that we had been assigned a different book.  But we didn't, so I'll just try to make the best of it.  Timbo and I worked through some problems in my office for a while, then went to our Time Series and Regression class.  That went decently.  Our professor has been going through an introduction of Time Series and Regression this week, so hopefully next week we'll actually get into the material.

When I got home Kimmy and I discussed our days for a little bit, then we went to the store to get some Terriaki sauce for our stir-fry.  We started dinner upon return.  And we  used our new wok!  I was happy with how it turned out.


After dinner Kimmy helped me proof-read my resume.  There were about 9 job postings on the school website so I applied for all of them.  There were a couple in Indiana, one in Illinois, one in Connecticut, one in Kentucky, and one in Wisconsin.  So we'll see if this goes anywhere!

Kimmy and I went to get Berry Winkle with Jessie and Richard.  It was fun.  I gave them an update on my first week of school and Jessie told us about some of the fun she's been having at work this week.  We are all tentatively going to the farmer's market together on Saturday!  Yay!

When we got home I did more job-related things.... ew.  Then we got a snack and watched some TED talks.  And now it's bed time. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment