8.10.2012

Day 444

Well.  We made it to Findlay!

We left the hotel in New Jersey around 10:30.  Then commenced driving back to Ohio.  I tell you what... New Jersey is an awful place to drive.  It seems that there are nice areas to live, but driving there is atrocious.  You can't turn left, the toll roads make the highways undrivable, and the drivers assume that they're the only ones on the road.  I came to the realization that there are two types of drivers in New Jersey: those who disrupt the flow of traffic and those who are visiting New Jersey.  The worst part was when our 4 lane highway split into about 10 toll booths... then merged back into two lanes of highway.  One of which went north while the other went south.  It was a nightmare.  I was able to get into the toll booth that was directly in front of the lane I needed to end up in, as we figured that I had the best chance of getting into the proper lane.  Things were going fine... slowly but fine.  Then the two lanes next to me started getting closer and closer until they merged right in front of me and cut me off.  It was a mess.  I was eventually able to nose my way into the line of traffic, but it was all just awful.

We finally got out of New Jersey (praise God) and got into Pennsylvania.  Pennsylvania isn't bad, there's just a lot of it.  And it's boring.  And there aren't a lot of stops on the turnpike.  But we made it.

Around the time we got into Ohio I was starting to get jittery.  I'd had a large coffee, a 5 hour energy, and Mountain Dew.  And it was storming.  But we survived.  When we got to Findlay we dropped Jasmine off at her hotel and came home.  We talked with mom and dad for a bit, then just went to bed.  It had been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment