8.04.2012

Day 438

I will do my best to summarize all of the events that went on yesterday.  It was intense.


It started with breakfast.  Mom made breakfast of eggs and baked oatmeal.  It was really good.  I really enjoyed being able to just have breakfast with my family before everything got crazy.


I got to the church around 10 to help set up what I could.  There wasn't a lot, so I just milled around for a while.  Jeremy got there around noon so we figured out what the plans for pictures.


So Jared (my best man) and I got ready around 1 and Jeremy took pictures.  Then Jeremy went off to take pictures of Kimmy getting ready.  So Jared and I just hung out for a bit.  Then around 2:30 Jeremy got some pictures of Kimmy and me.  Kimmy's dress was WAY pretty :)


AJ was our first person to arrive.  I hadn't talked with him since New Years, so it was good to catch up.  People began to trickle in slowly for our pre-reception.  I started a game of Euchre, but as other people came I let someone else take my place... that way people could start to get to know each other.  The pre-reception was exactly what I hoped it would be.  Actually, it turned out even better than I'd imagined.  It was a chance for us to see our friends and family before all of the big events began.  It was amazing.  Kimmy and I also taught some swing dancing!  I wish I could list all of the people who came... but there were a lot.  I was so happy that some many of my friends and family could make it.


There was a small hiccup.  Dinner ran a bit late.  Like... an hour late.  But thankfully Jeremy was able to help facilitate things and keep everything running smoothly.  We got family pictures and Jared made announcements as necessary to keep everyone at bay.


We did end up eating, thankfully.  Everyone was amazing at keeping everything running.


Then... we had a ceremony!  It was great.  Dave did a really good job.  And then we were married!


After the ceremony we got pictures with Jeremy.  Then some dancing.  And more fun!  Many funs were had.


We stayed a little bit after to sign our marriage license... you know.  Silly things.


Then it was bed time.  We'd had a long day.  But it was an amazing day!  And I am, again, so glad that I could see so many friends and family members and talk with them, even if it was only for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment