4.29.2012

Day 341

Hey everyone.


I'm listening to Drifting by Enya right now.  It's a really wonderful song.  I've been listening to a lot of Enya recently.  It's so.. mellow.  I like it a lot.  It usually puts me in a very contemplative mood.  Sometimes a little melancholy, but generally contemplative.


I got about 9 hours of sleep last night.  It felt really good.  I made eggs for breakfast.  I'm sure I've talked about it before, but I learned while at Mount Vernon that the key to making a good omelette is to use lots of cooking spray.






I found that if I didn't use enough spray, my eggs would just stick to the pan and not be good omelettes.  I used cayenne pepper and cinnamon in my eggs.  This is seriously one of my favorite spice combinations.  Use just enough cayenne so that you feel it, but don't necessarily taste it.  After you get the feel of cayenne, the cinnamon hits your taste buds.  And I love the taste of cinnamon.  The cayenne then makes your mouth lust for more while the cinnamon then gives you a wallop of awesome... right in the tongue.  And I simply love eggs.  Last week I ate 2 dozen eggs between breakfast, stir-fry, my salads, and meatloaf.


While I'm discussing my love for Enya music, allow me to share my two favorites (I think): A Day Without Rain and The Memory of Trees.


After breakfast I finished my laundry.  It appears that I neglected to move it yesterday... so it was waiting for me in the washing machine.  I'm glad that it didn't run away from me.  That would have been sad.  Then I went grocery shopping.






I wasn't going to take this... but it seemed kind of cool so I decided to pretend to be artsy.


Grocery shopping went fast.  I didn't need too many groceries since I'm mainly just finishing up the food that I have.  For lunch I had a can of soup that I have literally had since January.  And about an entire sleeve of crackers.  I started working through problems over lunch, then continued to do so.  For the majority of the afternoon I alternated between studying and doing dishes.  I took a break for about an hour in the middle of the afternoon, then went back at it.


I had a really good thought this afternoon.  But I forgot to write it down (I just figured I'd remember since it was so good)... but it appears that I have forgotten it.  Shoot.


I went to First Wok with Jessie and Richard for dinner.  I really like it.  It's a standard quick Chinese restaurant: one dining room with about 20 tables, 1 to 3 kids doing homework in the dining area, a 7 year old kid taking orders (or answering the phone), the one token American guy with an otherwise Asian (sometimes Mexican) work force, and the counter after the far end of the dining room with the kitchen directly behind it.  It is also named something that is a combination of two or three things from the following list: New, China, Dragon, Wok, Great, Wall, Hunan, Mandarin, Garden(s), Kitchen, First, River... In fact, there are number of Random Chinese Restaurant Name Generators on the Internet.  Here is one that is most visually appealing.  Press F5 (refresh) to view a new name.  Anyhow, I really enjoy places like that.


After dinner I studied some more and did some more dishes.  Around 9:30 I decided that I was done.... I'd studied enough for today.  I did around 40 problems.  My goal is at least 30 a day.


I'm pretty tired, so I'm going to go to bed now.  Have a good night, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment