4.09.2012

Day 322

Today was a very full day.


This morning I tried to convince myself that I'm not addicted to coffee and that I really didn't need to make any.  This was a huge mistake.  I couldn't concentrate for anything during investments and have no idea what we talked about.  All I know is that we have a quiz on Wednesday.


During Atrium time Tim was telling us about how much red-tape he has to go through to get his internship rolling with the Indiana Bureau of Insurance.  Everything requires many signatures by different people, hundreds of pages worth of legal documents, and nonsense like that.  It would not be fun to create all of that.


During life con we discussed a homework assignment we're going to be getting soon that should finish up our discussion on Markov chains.  We also talked about some differences between how we learn about mortality models in class and how insurance companies actually model mortality (theory versus data-mining).  Our homework assignment was really vague, so hopefully he talks about it some more tomorrow.


When I got back I woke Kimmy up... then I woke her up again and we got lunch.  After lunch I figured out what I wanted to eat for the week and went grocery shopping.  Actually first we went to JCPenney so Kimmy could get an application, but the lady at customer service told her to just apply online.  So then we went grocery shopping.  When we got back we had to do some wedding stuff.


Eventually I was able to get some studying done.  I had planned on starting earlier, but things kept coming up... so I was pretty frustrated by that point.  Which certainly didn't help me concentrate on studying.  I went through some of the old quizzes from the chapters we're getting quizzed over on Wednesday.  The first two went fine.  The third one... did not go quite so well.  So I'll be re-reading the section tomorrow and focusing primarily on that.


We made hot dogs for dinner.  I was going to make beans, but a couple of weeks ago I threw out my can opened because it was completely useless.  And I forgot to get a new one because I so rarely need a can opener.  So I made some rice instead.  But I was a bit impatient and didn't let it finish cooking before I ate it.


After dinner I did a little more studying while Kimmy did... something.  I'm not entirely sure what.  When she decided it was time for her to go I helped her get her stuff together and out to her car.  Hopefully we'll have time to see each other again before the summer.


I was getting pretty irritated at school and such at this point, so I tried doing some more work but nothing was sticking.  So I decided to hard boil some eggs for my salad this week.  I learned that electric stoves can, in fact, produce fire.  Apparently something dripped under the burner... and it caught fire.  Like, flames coming up the side of the pot.  So that was exciting.  I didn't feel like it would be the best use of my resources to take a picture of the fire though, so I didn't.  Anyhow, I guess with all the commotion I messed something up because when I went to crack the eggs at the end of hard boiling them they hadn't finished cooking.  Yay.  So looks like there's no egg for my salad tomorrow.  Thankfully I have a little taco meat left, so I guess I'll make a taco salad or something.


Meh.  I'm tired.  Hopefully tomorrow goes better.  Time for bed.  Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment