4.25.2012

Day 337

Today was pretty good.  I got up, breakfast, shower, made lunch, then was off to the computer lab.  This morning I mainly studied for probability. I worked through a practice exam (not timed) and did pretty well.  So I was happy with that.  I also helped Erica a little bit on the life con assignment.  She doesn't have a lot of experience with Mathematica, so I was just showing her some things she needed to know/use.  But for the most part I just worked on probability.  Ate my lunch, then did more probability.


It just occurred to me that I haven't had any water today... I should fix that.


Fixed.


After lab hours I went to Wal-mart to get some shampoo.  I looked for something natural because I've heard that it's better for your hair, but I had no idea what I was doing.  So I just got regular shampoo.  It smells good!


Um... I got a snack when I returned.  Made some pancakes for breakfast...ate a couple pancakes cuz I was hungry.  Chilled out for a while.


Some of my friends and I had a birthday dinner for Paul and me tonight, since our birthdays are during the summer. We went to Greek's pizza for dinner.  It was really good.  Unfortunately none of us are very good at making decisions... so it took a while to order.  But it was fun.  For the most part, anyhow.  The ever present talk of 90s TV shows came up... again... as it always does.  So Jacob and I had a nice discussion about books we read while we were growing up.  He and I both read one called Ender's Game and absolutely loved it, so we discussed that for a while.  I think it's interesting how the things we did growing up affected the ways that we do math.  He liked puzzles and reading because he knew exactly what he had to do to get the right output.  When doing math, he is remarkable at computation and using formula, but isn't much for making new ideas.  I grew up drawing pictures and creating stories.  I don't like the computation but prefer creating new ideas or formulas.  Anyhow, I thought it was kinda cool.


We all stayed at the restaurant for a while, just talking about whatever.  When we went to pay we, naturally, all had $20s (and you have to pay with cash at Greek's).  So we kind of wiped the cashier out of $10s and $5s...whoops!  When I got back I just did some stuff around here... now I'm going to bed.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment