4.02.2012

Day 315

I actually woke up on time this morning.  Sort of.  Well, I woke up with enough time to get ready, eat, and not be in a huge hurry.  I had oatmeal for breakfast.  It was good.  When I make oatmeal it's either with brown sugar and maple syrup or white sugar and frozen blueberries.  I'm not sure which I like better.  I might try just brown sugar... or perhaps honey.  Hm.  I'm not quite sure.


During investments we started off with a two question quiz over the video we watched on Friday.  Originally Dr. Foley was going to give us bonus points for the quiz, but then decided not to.  To clarify: he was going to give us 25 bonus points for any class that he is not teaching.  So I'm going to see if Mr. Frye will go for it on Wednesday.  During the actual class we started talking about forward rates and spot rates, which are a very big theme on exam FM.  Dr. Foley introduced this topic with: "We're going to start a section on the term structure of interest rates.  Joel, you'll like this.  You've had it before so you should know it."  It was funny.  After class I randomly ran into (almost) someone I'd met on Saturday at the Taste of Africa dinner.  Yeah, that's about the end of that short little story.


In between classes Tim got us all up to date on how having a child is going and the adventures that entails.  He said that it's going much better than he had anticipated, especially since he had done nothing with a baby since he was about 7 years old (he is now 27).  He was telling us about some of the things he has learned so far... like how important it is to have things set out for changing the baby before it is night time, because waking up in the middle of the night gets you very disoriented.  And you might just happen to change the wet blanket after changing your child's clothes (that might have happened to him).  Then we heard Kathryn's account of watching Erica's dog (Howie) last night.  Kathryn is not a dog person... she is a cat person.  Her knowledge of dogs is at about the same level as my knowledge of make-up: I know it exists and there a lot of people who know a lot about it... and there are different kinds of it.  And people spend a lot of money on it to make them happy.  The end.  So Howie kept her up all night.  It would have been more comical were Kathryn not so miserable from getting all of 3 hours of sleep last night.  I don't recall anyone else having super exciting stories to share.


Then it was off to life con.  Our quiz got moved back to Thursday, so I am excited.  The down side of that is that it's very difficult to be productive when I don't have anything due until Thursday.


Dustin was really tired today, so we didn't go to the gym.  I was not sad.  So I went home, had a salad... and was still hungry.  So I made a bunch of rice and ate it.  It was really good.  I haven't had rice in a long time, but I still like it a lot.  Just so you all know.  I played a game for a little bit, then did some dishes.  Talked with Andre for a bit about his choice of avoiding red meat... and how much we love bacon.  Originally I was going to meet a couple of my students from the Fall at Jamba Juice at 3, but they had to cancel at the last minute.  I was sad. So then I went to go do homework.  


I started off doing probability, but I got discouraged because I tried 3 problems and couldn't get them.  Mostly because I haven't done any probability in about 5 days... I think I'm at the point where I need to study every day from now until the exam.  I'm going to start with maybe 1 to 2 hours each day for the next couple of weeks, then go 2 to 3 for the next 2 weeks, then 3 to 4 for the remaining two weeks.  That should do it, I hope.  I don't feel awful about it because I have 6 weeks of review from this point on. We have gone through the entire manual, so all I have left is tons of review.  I was not at this point for FM until about 3 weeks before the exam.  So I still have plenty of time.


Kathryn came over for dinner and I made the salmon that I got at the store the other day.  It turned out really well.  It would have been better grilled... but I do not have a grill.  But cooked on the skillet was really good too!  Then for dessert I made fried apples, since I had a couple apples that were getting old.


After that Miles and Jared and I were going to play some games together, but Jared's computer wasn't working properly.  Then Miles had to go run some errands.  So that kind of didn't work.  Maybe tomorrow.  So I just kind of browsed the internet for a while... and now I'm going to bed!  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment