4.21.2012

Day 323

Good morning!


Yesterday started off like most others.  I woke up, showered, got breakfast, then went to class.  Class was pretty uneventful and I don't really remember what we talked about... I'm so ready to not have 8am classes.  It's not even about getting up early (although I'm not a huge fan of that).  I just have such a hard time paying attention and focusing that early in the morning.  I remember last fall one of my maths professors (Dr. Noonan) told us how he used to think that students were just really whiny when they complained about 8am classes.  Until he started having 8am meetings... I realized that he was having a really hard time focusing on someone talking to him with littler involvement that early in the morning.  But it wasn't a total waste... I determined a general formula for the distribution function of a sum of two random variables, when both variables are exponentially distributed.  Or in math terms: I found fY(y) = P[X1+X2<y] when Y=X1+X2 and X1~exp(a), X2~exp(b).


During Atrium time we discussed probability.  We talked about a few different problems, figured out how to work them, and such.


Life con was in the computer lab yesterday.  We did some work with random numbers in Excel.  Basically we were using the random number function in Excel and then using that to create new functions and things.  I'm not really sure why... but we did it!  My computer restarted in the middle of class.  Apparently it needed to update RIGHT then.  It happened to another guy as well... twice.  He was not exactly amused.


After class Dustin and I went to Taco Bell to get lunch.  Then he came over and we played some Kinect.  We both got really tired and sweaty.  But it was a lot of fun.  When he left I did some dishes, did money stuff, played Dead Island, then did some probability.  Probability has been getting better... I'm really starting to feel better about everything and I really feel like if I just keep studying for the next three weeks (which I will obviously be doing lots of that) that I'll pass.  So yay!


After dinner I hung out with some people from my program.  And it was fun.  I didn't update this last night because I got back pretty late and I was tired.  So here I am now!  And now to go grocery shopping.  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment