4.20.2012

Day 332

So Thursday is over.


It started off with just... the normal routine.  Waking up, showering, eating breakfast.  This whole week I've just really been craving eggs... so naturally that's what I've been eating.  And it has been fantastic.  Then it was off to work.  I spent the first hour and a half working on probability.  I actually felt like I was doing really well.  I got most of them correct... or mostly correct.


Then it was off to life con.  Tomorrow is our last day of regular class.  Dr. Foley wants to give us some time to work on the take home test, so he canceled class all next week to give us more time to work on it.  Except next Friday, when he'll go over the sample final.


After class Timbo and I went to the computer lab and worked on life con.  We were assigned the first part of the exam, so we worked on that.  It didn't take very long at all... maybe 15 minutes after we figured out what we were doing.  So that was nice.  Then I got lunch, came back up, and did some more studying.


I felt very honored because Brad (fellow GA... we work many of the same lab hours) asked me not once, but twice for clarification on his work.  Brad is one of the math grad students.  During my time at Mount Vernon I did some work with the things he's studying right now (mine was an introduction) and we've discussed it from time to time.  So I have a general idea of what he's doing... but only very general.  He first wanted clarification on the wording of a poorly worded question... I gave him the best answer I could.  Then he later asked me if the a function needed to only be continuous to be integrated.  The purpose for his asking me was that he was writing a proof for a take home exam and he wanted to be completely certain that he was as clear as possible.  So I said that to the  best of my knowledge, a function (assuming it is a function) can be integrated as long as the region over which you are integrating is continuous.  But I still felt special that he asked for my help.  Sometimes I really miss the more abstract subjects.  Only a little bit though.  Like... a very very little bit.  I much prefer concrete topics, but I still like trying to follow more abstract thought.  It makes me feel smart.


When I got back I ceased my productivity.  I did a lot of work this morning and afternoon and my brain needed a break.  So I played a game, pretended to clean (but didn't really), browsed the internet... just letting my brain cool down.  Kathryn came over for dinner and I made chicken and rice.  I thought it turned out really well.  I just put the defrosted chicken in the oven for 40 minutes at 380 or 390 (I don't remember), threw on some garlic salt and onions.  It was pretty good.  A few pieces were very chewy... but I liked it.  After dinner we watched yesterday's episode of modern family online.  Then she went back to her apartment and I played games with Miles!  We saved the world... so need to need to fear!


Now I am going to bed.  For it was way passed my bedtime.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment