4.11.2012

Day 324

Today was... something.  That's for certain.


I was going to wake up at 6 to do some studying.  And I did, in fact, wake up at 6.  Then I hit snooze about 7 times and woke up at 6:35 like usual.  Bleh.


Anyhow, I went about my normal morning routine.  My eggs were a little running this morning.  I think I liked that.  They had a little more flavor to them, so I'll probably try that again.


We didn't have a lecture during investments.  Just the quiz.  I finished it pretty quickly, so I just went over to the Atrium and studied for the probability quiz.  Yeah, we mainly just studied.  Tim told us that he accidentally called his newborn son "Joel."  I said that I was happy to hear that he was finally getting the name right.


Then it was time for probability.  We went over a few questions, then took the quiz.  Starting this week the quizzes are 14 questions (instead of 10) and we have 70 minutes (instead of 50).  For those who have played wind instruments: you know what it feels like to blow your lip out?  Well, when I work too long without a break, that's how my brain feels.  And about halfway through the quiz... that's what happened.  I was struggling to do even simple integrals.  It was really bad.  So... that should be fun to get back.


After class I was pretty frustrated.  I've been studying for a quite some time, but I just couldn't get my brain together.  That and I believe I'm starting to get my "end of semester melancholy." So I need to start going to bed earlier.


When I got home I made some lunch and just vegged out for a while.  I really needed it.  My brain needed time to recuperate.  After a couple of hours I went to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for the lasagnas I'm making tomorrow.  When I got back I started some baking!


I embarked on a new adventure today.  I made an apple pie... from scratch!  I even made the dough from scratch.  It was quite the adventure.  I will not be adding the recipe to my recipe blog because I have no idea how I would describe the method I used to make the dough.  It was just... over zealous.  Just preparing the pie (without baking) took about an hour.  It was insane.  But it turned out pretty well and even tasted ok!




After making pie I had dinner.  I was feeling super lazy, so I made hot dogs and beans.  I did some studying over dinner.


When I'd finished eating I studied for a little bit longer, but my brain was getting pretty worn out.  So I did lots and lots of dishes.  Then some more dishes.  I still don't like doing so many dishes.  But I am quite excited to be able to use the entire refrigerator instead of just my one shelf and drawer.  It's going to  be awesome!  Anyhow, Kathryn came over and we watched Modern Family.  We tested my pie and it is, in fact, edible.  The crust is a little hard, but it was good.  I didn't use as much butter as I was supposed to (confusing directions), but I was pleased... all things considered.


Ok.  I'm going to bed now.  Have a good night, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment