4.01.2012

Day 313

Mk.


So I woke up this morning and made pancakes for breakfast.  They were tasty.  Then I showered and went grocery shopping.  I decided to do something exciting this week and get fish from Marsh.  So I did.  I didn't really know what to get, so the lady at the meat counter called me over and asked if she could help me.  I told her that I was looking for some fish and she said that they had salmon on sale this week.  I love salmon!  So I got some of that, as well as some "salmon sauce" that she gave me.  I'm pretty excited to try it out.


When I got back I had lunch.  Well, that's what I'm calling it.  I had a hot pocket and Oreos.  But it was really tasty.  I did some money-related stuff (always fun).  Then played Team Fortress.  I was going to work on life con... but that just didn't seem interesting.  So I didn't.  I did dishes, cleaned my room... and successfully avoided school.


Around 4 I started getting ready for the evening.  Timbo came by around 4:30 to go to the Taste of Africa event that some of us went to.  There are a decent number of students from Africa at Ball State, so they have an student association where they can befriend people from a similar background.  So they put on this dinner and had some entertainment (music, dancing, trivia).  It was hosted at a church near campus.  So we got there, found (and sat with) our friends, and waited for food to be served.  That took a while.  So we played a trivia game that mainly involved naming capitals of African countries.  Clearly we all did really well.  Then they did some dances and things.  The food was pretty good.  Lots of rice and chicken.  I did not know that they cooked with curry.  But they do!  Pretty tasty.  After dinner they opened the floor up for music and dancing.  So my friend James (who is part of the African Student Association) came up to our table and told us to come dance.  Timbo and Dustin decided to conveniently leave at this point.  But I got up to dance, as did some of my friends.  Apparently I impressed some of them with my dance moves, as I had a few different people come up to me and tell me that they liked watching me dance.  It was fun.
Friends!
Since Timbo and Dustin left early (and they were my ride) I got a ride back with Erica.  Then I proceeded to be super productive with my evening.  And by that I mean I called mom and dad, then played more TF2 with Miles.  And now I'm going to bed!  Tomorrow is going to be homework day... for which I am not excited.  Oh well.  The end.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment