4.23.2012

Day 336

Today was a pretty good day, I believe.


I woke up and went through the normal routine.  Breakfast, shower, class.  Today was the last formal day of investments, but none of it will be on the exam on Friday.  So... I don't really know what we talked about.


After class Tim, Kathryn, Timbo, and I went up to the computer lab and worked on the life con assignment.  It took us about three hours and two trips to go see Dr. Foley.  So it wasn't too bad.  And now it's done!  I have a probability quiz on Wednesday, Investment exam on Friday, life con take home due... on Friday?, and then finals in life con and probability next week.  And then I'm done!  Half way through my program... yes please.  I don't think it will be too much work, so I'll have plenty of time to study for probability.


When we finished working on the assignment I went to the Math department to RSVP for a math luncheon next week and to get cleared for a couple classes for the fall.  Ball State is using a new system to sign up for classes and there some glitches.  The new system will work wonderfully once it has all of the necessary information... but that time has not yet come.


Then I came home and got some lunch.  I was going to make a salad, but the remainder of my hamburger from yesterday just sounded so good.  So I ate that.  I guess I didn't realize that it hadn't really filled me up... but oh well.  I did some studying and interneting for the rest of the afternoon.  Study for a couple hours, take an hour break.  Study for an hour, take a 30 minute break.  Yeah, it was so much fun.


I made stir-fry for dinner.  Kathryn came and ate with me.  I don't remember what we talked about... which is frustrating because I'm pretty sure it was mildly entertaining.  It really bothers me when I can't remember stuff at the end of the day because I want to remember everything... everything that happens is important to me.  Bleh.


Side note: I read a post earlier today about why the past decade hasn't had much stand out (culturally).  It went through the significant events that happened during the 60s, 70s, and 80s, talking about the historical events and figures that created a common bond between people, and how things like having very restricted entertainment mediums forced unity because everyone was entertained by the same thing (everyone knew who The Fonz was).  Even into the 90s, the economy was doing reasonably well and people were still culturally close.  But the past decade has been an interesting one... in that very few noteworthy things have happened that draw us together.  9/11 caused trauma for the entire country... it really shook us.  But there was no longer a unifying feel that swept over the country, except that of confusion and uncertainty.  With the spread of the internet and technology, it became easier for everyone to do their own thing and be their own person.  Anyhow, that was just a brief summary of someone else's opinion.  I thought it was interesting.  I feel like I didn't learn a lot of "recent history" growing up.  There was a big focus on everything up to... the 60s?  70s?  But not much after that and no real focus on current events.  The history books just didn't cover it.  It's difficult to do, however.  The things that happened near my birth were too new for most history books, but too old to be current events.  For instance, I didn't know that the Berlin Wall fell until I was in...8th grade?  But it happened when I was like 1 year old.  I clearly could not have comprehended any of that when I was 1 year old.  Anyhow, that was just... a thing.


After dinner Kathryn and I studied for a while longer.  Then she went home and I cleaned up and I'm about to go to bed!  So.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment