4.08.2012

Day 321

Hi!  Today was Easter.  And it was a good day.


I woke up around 7:30, joined all the other people who were awake and got some breakfast.  Mom made some cornbread muffins and they were quite tasty. Then I showered and got ready for church.  The service was at Central Middle school this morning, since they anticipated many many people.


The service was good.  Pastor Ben talked about Jesus, so that was neat.  Mainly just discussing the ramifications of Jesus having resurrected and what that means for us as people.  After the message there were some baptisms.  I like watching those.  As we were leaving we saw the Church family.  And Becky.  So we greeted all of the appropriate people, then went back home.  Upon arrival Kimmy took a nap and I got coffee.  As people trickled home (we had to take about 4 cars, I think) we started to get ready for lunch at the grandparent's.  Jesse, Kathryn, and I also took turns reading a story to Lily.  Picture = acquired.
Kathryn reading to Lily

After we got ready we went to the grandparents for lunch.  Dad and I also got mama and poppy's new computer all situated.  So hopefully it is working for them!  Then Lily went searching for Easter eggs.  I couldn't get a good picture because she doesn't like to hold still, but it was cute.  Like... all of the cute.  Then it was time for food!

Lunch was fantastic.  We had ham, lamb, potatoes, peas and sauce, deviled eggs, green glop, rolls, green beans... I feel like I'm forgetting something.  But it was all amazing.  Then when it was over we had lemon meringue pie and red velvet cake.  They were both amazing and incredibly rich.  I ate way too much.  Like... I had to take a break afterwards.  But it was totally worth it.  My stomach was not amused, but it all tasted so very good.

After we cleaned up for a bit it was time to go.  Which was sad.  I didn't want to go.  But I suppose that's how life works.  The trip back to Muncie was pretty uneventful.  As usual.  I guess that's a good thing, but it's quite boring.  We dropped Kathryn off at her apartment, then Kimmy and I arrived back at mine.  After we unpacked and put stuff away we worked on homework for a couple of hours.  Then we took a food break.  Some more homework.  And now it's bed time.

So good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment