4.23.2012

Day 335

Today started off really well.  I got about 8 hours of sleep, got up, ate, showered, then went to church with Jessie and Richard.  The pastor talked about how much God likes to talk with us.  And how we should always be in conversation with God, even when it's about little things.  Jesus was always talking to God and that seemed to work out pretty well for him (except for the crucifixion bit... but that was all part of the plan).  Pastor Mark really encouraged us all to not try to do everything on our own... that's not how it works.  We really need God's help, so there's no reason to pretend like we don't.  It was good to hear that.


After church we went to lunch at Scotty's.  It was really good.  Jessie really likes their fried pickles (actually that's the main reason that she goes), so she got a plate and we shared.  They were really good.  I got a hamburger with bacon, jalapenos, lettuce, tomato... and peanut butter.  I must say, the peanut butter was pretty good.  I'll have to try that sometime.


When I got back from lunch I started taking a time practice exam.  First mistake: I did not do any problems to warm up.  I know better.. but for some reason I didn't.  Well... after about 20 minutes I'd done 3 problems and was too  frustrated at how poorly I was doing that I just stopped.  I tried doing some problems not timed, but I just got so flustered and frustrated by the timed problems that I couldn't get a lot done.


So I decided to just take the day off.  I ended up doing what I do on most days after studying: played video games, ate, did dishes, and browsed the internet.  I also talked with my friend David (he went to Mount Vernon with me for a couple years) for a while.  He and I haven't really talked for a couple years, so we caught up.  We also discussed when e^x does and does have an infinite number of digits.  I explained that it will have an infinite number of digits for all values of x except when x = 0 (because e^0 is 1) and when x = the natural log of some rational number.  For instance, e^(ln(2)) is 2.


Yeah.  Today was not the best of days.  Mostly because of the test... and then I just didn't feel like doing anything else after that.  Oh well.  On to tomorrow!  Good night all.

1 comment:

  1. Shaun loves peanut butter burgers! Odd but delicious combo lol

    ReplyDelete