3.28.2012

Day 310

So today started with quite the surprise.  My alarm went off at 6:30 as usual.  Then I hit the snooze, also as usual.  Correction: I thought I hit snooze.  I guess I turned it off... then woke up at 7:15.  Oh joy.  So I quickly took a shower, made coffee, got an apple, and left for class.


I got on the bus and sat down... it was very full.  Seconds later I hear a "good morning Joel!"  I look around... lo and behold Erica and Jordan are sitting one person away from me.  I was so busy waking up that I didn't even notice them. They came to campus early to cram for the probability quiz today.  So when I got to class we found out that we weren't going to actually go over new things today.  Today was basically about why economists are full of nonsense (from an actuary's perspective).  So that was just buckets of fun.


In between classes I got some food because I was starving, then we just studied for probability.


Apparently I guessed really well on my probability quiz from last week.  So that was a pleasant surprise.  Hopefully that happened again this week.  I felt like I knew how to do the problems... but for some reason it just took me forever.  I was doing fine on time... and then all of the sudden I had 5 minutes left and 5 questions left to do.  I was not amused.  So we'll see how that goes.


I didn't have time to make a lunch this morning, so I stopped by Taco Bell.  It was good.  They have a new taco that has a Dorrito shell... it was amazing.  So much amazing.


After lunch I trollied off to the hospital for my appointment with the dermatologist.  I filled out all the insurance nonsense, went into the office, and answered some questions.  When the doctor came in he looked at it and immediately declared that it was (still is) eczema.  I've had this before, so it's not entirely new.  I just never even thought that it might be eczema again.  So I finished up there and went to Wal-greens to get the prescription.  I got it filled pretty quickly.  When I got home I noticed that I only had an ointment, but I was fairly certain I was also supposed to have pills.  So I called the dermatologist and they were, in fact, supposed to give me pills as well.  We got that fixed and I went back to go acquire that.


After successfully getting the rest of my prescription, I picked Kathryn up and we went to go see The Lorax.  It was cute.  Some of the musical numbers didn't seem to fit wonderfully, but I liked it.  Then We came back to my apartment and I made pancakes, eggs, and bacon for breakfast.  I tried to make eggs over easy, but I left the stove on too long, so they became eggs over hard.  Oh well.  I always forget how long bacon takes to make... but it takes quite some time.  Dumb.  I tried to keep the grease in the pan to a minimum, so I poured the hot grease into a disposable plastic cup...which turned out to be a bad idea, as it melted the cup.  But once I got everything cooked, it turned out decently.  The pancakes took no time at all since I used a box mix.  I'll have to attempt an actual recipe some time.  And I will not be adding "eggs over easy" to my recipe blog because there is no way that I can describe the nonsense that I go through to make them.


When we'd finished eating, I cleaned the kitchen, as Clifton was having some guests over and he'd spent a lot of time cleaning for them... so I didn't want to have my dishes out after he'd done so much cleaning.  Then Kathryn and I went to Family Video to get something to watch.  We settled on a TV show (Modern Family), got the first disc, and went back to her apartment to watch it.  Eventually I got tired, so I came back to my apartment.  Now I'm going to bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment