3.23.2012

Day 305

Ok!  The weekend is here and I'm about to give you an update.


Morning...omellette...class... you know the drill.  My mornings are pretty standard.  Last night my investments quiz got canceled, so I didn't have that in the morning.  In between classes we went to the atrium and did some studying.  We were having trouble understanding why one of the answers worked the way it did (I had a general reasoning, but no sound mathematical argument) so Jacob did a quick and dirty proof and we were all convinced.


For the beginning of life con we just talked about... something involving Markov chain theory.  Huh.  I remember at the beginning of class we asked Dr. Foley what he was going to be doing this weekend.  He said that if the weather was nice he would be having "porch time."  We inquired whether that was working on his porch or sitting on it and he said "Nope.  Just sitting on it.  Probably have a cold beer.  Yup, that sounds like a good weekend to me."  I don't actually remember what we talked about in class, except for going over some loose ends before the quiz.  I think I finished the quiz in about 5 minutes.  I like when that happens.  I remembered the formulae and could replicated the homework problems.  So it was a victory.  Or a wictory, depending on how you prefer to spell it.


After the quiz I came back to my apartment, woke Kimmy up, and got lunch.  Then we went to tech support on campus to have them look at my computer. It was raining, so Kimmy dropped my off by the library and went to go park my car.  She got some on-the-fly experience with Ball State campus.  So I went in there and explained my problem.  The guy did some standard initial tests and things that might fix it.  While various scans ran we just talked about video games and such.  We play some of the same ones, so we talked about them for a bit.  Eventually he realized that he couldn't figured out what was wrong with it, so he had his supervisor come check it out.  She looked around, asked some questions, then just kind of stumbled upon the issue.  Somehow I'd gotten a virus (which I'd taken care of previously), but the virus had made some weird changes to the Windows Firewall that pretty much blocked all websites (where the Firewall normally just blocks the bad sites).  So we got that taken care of and life was good again!


When we got back we started some wedding things.  It started off with working on the guest list.  I officially hate that I can't invite all of the people.  It's dumb.  But cuts had to be made :(  Then we moved on to the registry.  My brain just can't handle that much decision making.  We pretty much worked on wedding stuff from about 3 until 10, with a break for dinner.  My brain can't quite handle that.  But we got nearly everything done!


Mom and dad arrived around 9:30.  They brought Kimmy and me a wedding present from Aunt Terri!  But UPS broke it while in transit, so we're going to take it back to Macy's tomorrow to get it replaced.  So we talked for a bit about some wedding stuff (since that's pretty much all Kimmy and I did today), then they went to Jessie and Richards.  We're going to get breakfast with them tomorrow, but I don't know what the plan is.  Either way, it's time for bed.  So good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment