3.18.2012

Day 299

Another "I got in late last night."


So yesterday morning I got up and everything.  Kimmy and I had planned on going to Waffle House with Becky and Marci at 10, so that was the first real thing on the agenda.  I called Becky at 9:45 to make sure we were still going... and I woke her up.  Her alarm had not gone off (or she hadn't set it...or something).  So we all met up at 10:30 instead.  With surprise guest appearance by Miles!


Breakfast was good.  They were really busy.  Our waitress was pretty cool.  She had... kind of a piercing right above her jaw bone?  I have no idea what it actually was.  It was just this stud that was about an inch or so in front of her ear.  It was neat.  Breakfast was good though.  Marci was up for her spring break.  Yup!


After breakfast Kimmy and I got ready and left for Wooster.  I don't remember anything significant happening on the drive.  But we made it safely.


Some of my friends here at school were really curious why someone would have a wedding on St. Patrick's day.  At first I assumed it was just because yesterday was the start of Mount Vernon's spring break.  But then when I saw how they had decorated for the wedding I really understood why.  Everything was very tastefully decorated for St. Patrick's day.  It was amazing.  Lots of black and green, shamrocks, pots of gold to decorate.  My personal favorite was the two ring-bearers (the other a brother of the groom and...someone else?) were around 15 years old and dressed up as leprechauns.  Oh man.  It was amazing.  So much amazing.  A lot of the music they played was Celtic as well.  Another personal favorite was when the pastor (brother of the bride) started the ceremony with "Mawwiage.  Mawwiage is what bwings us togetha today."  This is a fantastic line from the movie "The Princess Bride."  So much win was had.


After the ceremony Kimmy and I talked with some people with whom we'd gone to school at Mount Vernon.  Once we got to the reception we ended up sitting with Kirby, one of my old room mates.  By the by, Tyler (who got married) was also one of my room mates from last year.  Just to clarify.  So anyhow, we sat with Kirby and his fiancee Rachel.  That was fun.  As pre-dinner entertainment there were two Irish dancers who did a few dances.  It was really cool.  I definitely caught myself looking for technique and comparing it to Scottish dancing.  Kimmy's dance instructor also taught Irish dancing, so Kimmy actually knows some Irish dancing and such.  Overall the reception was pretty good.  As one of the snacks they had two bowls full of Lucky Charm marshmallows.


Then it was back to Muncie by way of Findlay (to pick up my car).  We finally got into Muncie around midnight, hence my not blogging last night.  Yup.  The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment