3.04.2012

Day 286

Not too much to report today.  I woke up around 8:30 and Zeke was quite excited to see me.  So I let him outside.  Then Lily started to wake up and cry a little bit.  I didn't know where anyone else was, so I went in to get her up.  Amber's mom ears heard the sound, but I got to Lily's room just as Amber was getting there.  But she let me feel all special and get Lily out of her crib.  Then we got breakfast.  It's really fascinating to watch Lily get older.  At this point her main words are "yeah" and "no," with "ball" thrown in the mix every so often.


After breakfast we made some coffee, Jesse woke up, then we just sat around and talked for a bit.  Dustin got up shortly thereafter and joined the excitement.  Also, it snowed.


Ho hum.  I showered.  Then we played some games.  We tried a game called Agricola again today... but Dustin and I were getting pretty frustrated.  Mainly because we didn't read the rules for ourselves.  And there were a lot (like way a lot) of many tiny rules.  We had all of the main ideas down, but there were so many details that I just couldn't keep straight.  So I would just need to read all of the rules before next time.


Umm... after that Dustin took a nap, Jesse went to go do something, and Amber and I just kind of sat around.  Talked for a bit.  Sat some more.  It was nice to relax.  Eventually we went down to the store.  They really aren't as in the middle of nowhere as I thought, but when you come here at night it certainly seems like it is.  At night it doesn't seem like there's much of a difference between the main highway and the little dirt road they live on.  Just kidding, it actually is a real road.  Anyhow, we went to the store and were successful!


When we got back Amber started making dinner.  I pretended to be productive and I helped her peel carrots.  She made a roast type of thing that was pretty good.  I'll have to try it some time.  I've realized that the main difference between her cooking and my cooking is that she has found ways to use her oven more, where I use my stove more.  And with the oven, you don't have to be nearly as attentive.  I should take note of this.


Then we sat around and talked for a bit while Amber put Lily to bed.  Both Dustin's and Jesse's dad worked as firefighters, so they talked about that for a while.  Apparently Dustin's dad used to work as a Hot Shot, sort of the first response team for big fires.  So that's pretty cool.


After dinner we played a game of Settlers.  Dustin had never played before, but he did just as well as the rest of us.  I think we all had between 8 and 10 points.  So definitely it was a good game.


Umm.. and now we're getting close to bed time.  Travel plans have changed a bit and Dustin and I are heading out tomorrow.  We're heading to go see Timbo tomorrow and he had some stuff come up on Tuesday, so tomorrow will work better for him.  Which is fine.  Dustin and I don't really have a tight schedule anyhow, so we're pretty flexible.


So yeah.  Going to bed time.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment