3.03.2012

Day 285

What a day!  Allow me to recap a bit.


I woke up this morning at a wonderful 7:45.  Because, you know, sleeping in is for sillies.  Then Amber made pancakes and we just sat and talked for a while.  I showered.  Then eventually Jesse got up.  And a bit after that Dustin got up.  By about... a little before 10 we were all alive or such.  Amber gave me a tour of the rest of the house.  I really like it.  Their basement is going to be really cool after they get it finished.  But before that the water people (I clearly know what I'm talking about) have to come make sure that the basement doesn't get flooded anymore.  But that's way expensive, so all of this will be happening over a number of years.


I also learned that Amber's hospital bill (not what they paid out of pocket) was around $28,000 for Lily to be born.  Nonsense, right?


Anyhow.  We had lunch meat and cheese for lunch.  Dustin and I played Carcossone, which he'd never played before.  It was a really close game and he beat me by about 4 points.  Then after that Amber put Lily down for a nap and the three of us played Agricola.  Well.  We tried to play.  The rules were intimidating and Amber thought she remembered most of them.  And she remembered most of them.  There were just some important details that were left out.  But in her self-defense, she has only played maybe once.  So it was understandable that she didn't really know what was going on.


After that... Jesse got back from his errands that he was running.  Dustin took a nap.  We sat around and talked for a while.


Then Jesse and I went to go shoot clay pigeons.  I was really bad at it, but it was fun.  I think I hit 2 or 3 targets of the 20 or so that I tried.  Go me!  Jesse is much better at it.


Amber made chili and cornbread for dinner.  It was full of the tastiess.  She's making me a recipe book, so I think that's in there.  And then after dinner we played another game (with more correct rules) with Jesse.  I don't think I like that game too much because it's a bit too fast paced.  Everything changes just before you get comfortable.... but they like it.  That's what matters.  Then we played a few games of Dominion.  Keep in mind that Dustin had not played any of these games before, so he was a trooper.


I'm really tired so I'm gonna go to bed now. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment