3.27.2012

Day 309

So today!


I woke up late.  I was tired.  Well, I actually woke up on time, but I was just didn't feel like getting up that early.  So I finally got up at 7...


I did get to work on time though, so that's good.  Mainly just working on probability.  Actually... that's what I did the entire time.  I also learned that my coffee mug does not retain heat for very long.  So that's exciting.  I don't suppose I should expect too much for $6 though.  I remember thinking this morning that there was something that I really wanted to write about... but I can't remember what it is now.  I hate when that happens.


Then... we had life con.  It was a blast.


After class I went to go work out with Dustin.  It was rough.  I think I pulled something or got a knot in my neck... I was not really amused by this.  Bleh.  Oh well.  Then I ate lunch in my office.  I got a ticket from Saha for Bangladesh Night in a couple weeks, so I need to get him money for that sometime soon.  Yup.


Umm... So then I went back to the computer lab.  And tried to work on probability.  It's kind of (actually, very) frustrating.  I feel like I understand the concepts, but then they ask questions and I really don't know how to answer them.  Or the question will actually be very easy (conceptually) but they just throw in really tedious calculations.  Anyhow, when I got back to my apartment I got a snack and tried to study some more.


I made hamburgers and fries for dinner. I feel like these recipes that I've made the past two days are so trivial that it's not even worth adding to my recipe blog... but I need to add them.  I haven't updated it for a while.  But yeah, I made hamburgers and fries.  I think the burgers should have been more flat... but they were pretty good.  I seasoned the fries with chili seasoning and garlic salt, the burgers with cinnamon and garlic salt (I really like garlic salt).  They were good.  I think I should have done cayenne instead of garlic salt in the burgers... that would have been tasty.  Maybe next time.


After dinner I talked with Clifton for a while about people being silly.  Well, basically about how the universe owes us nothing.  And the sooner we acknowledge this, the sooner we can stop feeling like we deserve things from life.  Then I did some more studying.  I was pretty well worn out at this point, so I decided to be done for the night.  So I read a couple articles on the internet.  One of the longer ones was comparing the baby boomers with the current generation.  The article was mainly to help people understand that the army of young people graduating from school and trying to enter the work force are encountering something much different than the baby boomers encountered.  According to the article, as the baby boomers grew up their parents created or continued to create systems that would allow the boomers to flourish as adults.  Once the boomers entered the work force, they ensured that the systems stayed in place...at least as long as they were alive.  Things like social security are all but guaranteed to run out in the next 30 years unless something drastic happens.  Those in my generation who are somewhat politically aware have known that they will never get a penny from social security.  So yeah, the rest of the article gave some statistics about wealth and poverty between identical age groups now and 30 years ago, then talked about how people just aren't retiring as early as they used to.  Sometimes by choice, sometimes out of necessity... but either way it prevents younger people from getting jobs and so the cycle continues.  If I'd read it on this computer I would have actually provided a link... but I actually read it this morning in the computer lab.  I just decided to add it right here.


Anyhow.  Time for bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment