3.08.2012

Day 289

Wow, I really lost track of time.  It's late.. and I'm tired.


Ok.  So.  I actually slept in this morning.  I didn't get up until 9:30!  It was crazy.  I wasn't really hungry when I got up, so I didn't eat breakfast. Oh well.


After checking my email/Facebook/Reddit, I took a shower and planned my day...which didn't take too long.  I decided to go out to the Verizon store to have them look at my phone, then take a short grocery shopping trip so that I have food to eat until Saturday.


So I went to Verizon.  It wasn't busy, so one of the guys working there was able to  help me right away.  I explained that my phone charger is not staying in, either with the charger that came with my phone or with my older charger.  Unfortunately, I didn't have the necessary account information, so there wasn't really anything he could do for me.  I'm guessing that it's because I hadn't gotten my phone from that store.  It wasn't really a big deal, so I'll probably go back tomorrow.  Afterwards I went to Aldi to get some food.  I've started to relax a little bit about getting snacks.  I used to be very strict on myself to not get snacks because they're frivolous and not necessary.  Then I realized that an extra $3 every couple of weeks isn't going to kill me.  So I got some chips and salsa.  I'm going to try a new recipe this week (not using chips and salsa), so I had to get some ground turkey and cheese.  What else did I get... Oh yeah.  Tomato sauce.  I'm probably going to make that tomorrow.


So when I got home I put groceries away.  I played Team Fortress for a bit, then I played "Kinect Adventures" on Kimmy's Xbox.  It was pretty fun.  It's a very active game and after about 30 minutes I was starting to sweat.  But it's a fun game.


I decided to be productive, so I cleaned my room.  Then I started looking at the project that's due on Tuesday.  Boy, it's going to be so much fun!  If I can figure out what's going on (and I think I'm close), it shouldn't be too bad.  I hope.  So I went through the 5 or so different emails he sent us and the related documents and tried to fit pieces together.  I also made a new Gmail filter for all emails sent by my professors.  I felt like that was a smart idea.


For dinner I just made some chicken and noodles.  Probably about a month ago Aldi had a "special buy" of Asian noodles.  So got a couple bags because they were all of 70 cents.  So I made one of them tonight with some chicken.  It was pretty good.  I didn't think of it at the time, but I should have cooked the chicken in teriyaki sauce instead of just putting some sauce on my chicken.  Oh well.  It was still good.


After dinner I began a new project: a recipe blog!  You might have noticed the new addition to my blog page.  Up above should be a bar with "Home" and "My Recipes."  If you click on the "My Recipes" button, you will be taken to a new page.  That was my project this evening.  Let me know what you think of it!  I'm probably going to tweak it some more tomorrow.  I have no idea how often I'm going to update it once school starts, but hopefully I can get most of the recipes that I make included tomorrow.  I'll be sure to indicate on here when I've updated it.


So I worked on that for most of the evening.  Then I played some more video games, browsed more internet... and now it's bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment