3.03.2012

Day 284

Good morning!  I was too tired to update last night, but fear not!  My post has finally arrived.


Yesterday morning I got up a little early to finish packing and study for my test.  On the way to my test I realized that an equation I sort of derived on Thursday was incorrect, so I went about memorizing the proper one.  As it turns out, I was so focused on getting mentally prepared for the exam that I neglected to inform Dustin that this formula was incorrect.  So....yeah I felt bad.


I finished the test in about 15 minutes, which was about the time that the last person came into class.  That never made sense to me, but oh well.  I always try to get to tests early.  But I'm not them.  When I'd finished, I went to the computer lab to print off a map of my journeys today, since I never anticipate there being a consistent GPS signal.  Especially in West Virginia.  But apparently whenever you save a map in Google maps, it doesn't save directions? Only destinations? So that was incredibly useful.  Oh well.


In between classes we went to the Atrium and discussed the problems that had been on the exam.  I think I did well, but we'll see.


During life con we finished up talking about our project that's due after break. I think the current plan is to work on it next weekend, since Dustin and I will be back from out trips, and Timbo will be back from Cincinnati.


After life con I gave Kathryn a ride back to her apartment (since she watched the shuttle pull away just as we left the building), then just waited in her apartment as she and Dustin finished getting ready.  We went to go pick Dustin up, then off we went!  The plan was to take Kathryn to the airport, then Dustin and I would go to see Amber in West Virginia.


So we'd just left Dustin's apartment when it started to storm.  Like...rain so hard that it was difficult to see.  Yay.  We drove through that for about 15 minutes, then it lightened up a bit.  It rained moderately until we got to the outskirts of Indy.  Then it cleared up for a bit.  Our goal was to first get lunch at a restaurant I'd discovered called Shapiro's Deli.  It had really good reviews, so we gave it a try.  And it wasn't too terribly difficult to find.  It was pretty intimidating when we first walked in because it wasn't at all what I was expecting. Deli's I've gone to before we just little places with a counter where you ask for a sandwich.  No, this place was almost cafeteria style, but with just one serving table area.  So we got trays, decided to not get dessert (which they fiendishly placed right at where the trays are), and tried to figure out what was going on.  The display cases were full of desserts and salads and side dishes and behind the counter were people making sandwiches.  As I'm trying to look at the menu, this guy slicing meat say "Hello young man!  Would you like to try my Reuben today!?"  I thought about it for a couple seconds and said that I would.  I noticed a sign saying that the Reubens were $12, but I figured that was for something else.  It wasn't. But oh my goodness... it was totally worth it.  So completely worth it.  I highly recommend it.


Anyhow, after lunch we went to go search for a coffee place, since I was getting a bit drowsy from such a big lunch.  The first place we found was not longer in business.  But there was another one in the near vicinity.  It had a super scary bathroom though.  After we had gotten our drinks and such (Dustin got cheesecake on a stick).  We were just getting ready to leave when it started raining.  So Dustin and I were nice and went to go get the car, since we neglected to bring an umbrella.  After we picked Kathryn up it was off to the airport!


So we dropped her off, then it was off to Salem, WV!  The drive was pretty boring, aside from the fact that it rained nearly the entire time.  It got pretty bad at points, got better at others...and 6 hours later we were in Salem!


Just for the record (before Amber corrects anyone), they seriously live in the middle of nowhere.  Their house is really nice... but it's pretty far removed from anything.


Anyhow, we found it, talked for a little bit, then went to bed!  For it was a long day.  The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment