3.09.2012

Day 290

I had big hopes for today.  I guess there's always tomorrow.


My morning was fairly productive.  After I ate and showered I went to the Verizon store to have them look at my phone.  I've been having trouble with the charger staying in, so I decided that I would finally take it in.  The guy was very helpful and after he was able to get a hold of the right number they sent my phone, which should get here on Monday.  He was very apologetic for (of?) how long it took.  He tried calling 3 different support numbers, but they all claimed to not be the right person to call.  But he kept trying and eventually talked with someone who would help out.  So that should be here on Monday.


When I got back I had the rest of my chicken and pasta for lunch.  This afternoon I played Assassin's Creed for a while, added a new recipe to my recipe blog, and did some dishes.  While I made dinner, I learned a valuable lesson: don't try to bake biscuits in microwave.  I had my dinner in the oven and it used 8 of my 10 biscuits.  So I thought I would experiment and see what happened when I tried to bake the remaining 2 in the microwave.  I'll tell you what happened.  They burned.
So I spent the next bit of time opening the windows, turning on fans..... fun stuff like that.  But the smoke detector didn't go off, so it was a victory.


After dinner I continued to be super productive.  And by that I mean.... I put dishes in the dish washer.  It's very frustrating to open the dish washer and have no idea whether something is clean or dirty.  It's very common to put something through the dish washer and have it come out greasy.  So I don't know if I ran it and some of the things did get washed, or I just didn't run it.  I'm excited to live somewhere with a working dish washer.  I might have maintenance come look at it, but the other people I've talked to who live in Windermere say that their dishwashers are about as useless.  So I'm assuming it's just another case of the managers taking advantage of college students who usually don't know any better.


Anyhow.  Not  much else happened the rest of the evening.  I was going to do laundry, but I'm out of dryer sheets.  Bleh.  So... I'm not sure if I'm going to just do without or try to survive until Saturday when I go shopping.  We'll see!


Ok.  Time for bed.  Have a good night/day or such.  I'm guessing that most people will read this after they wake up... not before they go to bed.  Oh well.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment