11.30.2012

Day 556

I was pretty tired last night and didn't feel like writing.  So here it is now.

Yesterday consisted of primarily three things: teaching, studying, and thinking about studying.

Teaching went well, I thought.  I explained the principles I use for budgeting, how I categorize things, and some basic guidelines for how much you should spend of certain things with respect to your income (e.g. you should spend 25% or less of your income on housing).  I thought it went reasonably well, but I know that most of them were still bored.  Oh well.  My homework for the class was a short case-study about someone's budgeting... basically giving their work details and then I asked the students to budget his paychecks.  One of my students came up to me after class and asked if someone was wrong with the problem because there wasn't enough money to budget for all of the expenses.  I just looked at her, smiled, and said "yes... that's usually how it works."

After class I studied in my office for a few hours.  Then I went to my afternoon class.... and came home and studied some more.  I made meatloaf for dinner, then after Kimmy went to work I studied some more.  After I'd finally finished working through all of the problems I took a break for a while. Then I finished up my Excel project and sent it off to Mr. Owens.

So now I'm going to go study some more! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment