11.15.2012

Day 452

Goodness, today was a long day.

It started early.  I gave a test at 9:30 and.... I don't think my students were too amused by it.  From a very brief look they seemed to do fine but I need to actually grade it this weekend.

After the test I went to my office and started writing up the lesson for next week.  Since I'm just doing my own thing I have a lot more work ahead of me.  But I have most of the first lectured typed out and I'm actually really excited about it.  I get to use my own area of expertise and study as a basis.  So hopefully it goes well!  I'm going to have Kimmy read over it for me when I'm done to make sure that it is understandable.

When I got home I had lunch with Kimmy, then I got ready to leave for my trip.  The drive was pretty uneventful.  It was just very long.  Yeah, things were pretty slow until I got to Cleveland.  It wasn't too bad, but for some reason there were a lot of police officers directing traffic.  I'm still not too sure why they were doing that.  But oh well!  I got to my hotel just fine and got checked in.  They even gave me cookies!  Two of them!

After I got checked in I went to go get dinner with my friend Derrick.  We graduated from Mount Vernon together and he's working up here in Cleveland. So I met him at his apartment and we went to a...grilled cheese restaurant.  Well, not just grilled cheese.  Sort of a "grilled sandwich" restaurant.  And it was so good.  I had a sandwich that was basically Thanksgiving dinner in a sandwich: turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, cheese... Oh man, it was good.  Afterwards we went back to his apartment and just talked about all of the important things in life.  Like video games and what types of couches we like and how awesome it feels to sit in a hard chair after sitting in something really cushion-y for a long time.  Yes, he and I both agree that after sitting in a car or in an office chair for a long time, sitting on a hard chair feels SO good.

And now I'm back.  I'm way tired and I need to get up early to make sure I'm prepared for my interview, so I'm going to bed now.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment