11.05.2012

Day 532

I spent this morning studying for my test this afternoon.  That was pretty much my morning.  After I'd studied for a couple hours I made some lunch, then went to class.

My test went well.  I think I got 100% on it, but there's always a chance that I missed something.  It didn't seem to bad though.  After class I went to go talk with Mr. Owens about the project for his class.  I have a good start to the project, but I think that it will take another two or three times of sitting down and working on it for a couple hours to finish it up.

After class I came home and started doing my lesson prep for tomorrow.  This chapter is on probability... which is kind of my thing.  So I'm doing my best to teach it well and not skip any details.  It's very easy to do a poor job of teaching things you know well.

Kimmy made lasagna for dinner!  It was really good.  She's a much better cook than I am... I think it's because she actually follows the directions.  That just seems silly to me!  Why on earth would I follow the recipe when I can simply fudge it and do my own thing?  Preposterous, I say.

After dinner I finished working on my lesson plan.  I try to use lots of examples in my classes... specifically ones that actually involve class.  I've found that more students pay attention if I use data they give me (e.g. asking 10 people what they're favorite color is and using that information) than if I just make up an example.

So that's my day.  And now it's time for some sleep.  Good night, my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment