11.21.2012

Day 547

Well, yesterday began with a bit of a surprise.  Everything went better than expected, but it was still a surprise.  I was about to start my lecture when in walks Dr. Imon, the current head of the Math department Graduate Assistants.  Every semester the GA instructors get evaluated by their faculty mentor twice and the department head once.  But I thought my lesson went really well, so that's good.  In fact, it may have been one of the best lessons so far.  I even gave them a 5-minute explanation on how the stock market works.

After class I went to my office and graded for a couple hours.  I got 2/3 of it done, so that was a good start.  After some lunch (and more grading) I went to class.  I had a really hard time paying attention today and I'm not sure why.  It just seemed to be one of those days where you notice everything.  Every noise, every weird itch, they way the elastic in your socks is touching skin, the single arm hair getting caught and gently tugged in my watch band... there were just so many things.

When I got home I just bummed around for a little bit until Kimmy got home. We made a quick trip to the store, then made dinner.  After dinner I did some grading and Kimmy made a cheesecake.  For some reason the middle of her cheesecake didn't cook... she was pretty bummed about that.  So we tried to recover it.  I'm pretty confident that it's OK now.  This is the second time this week that we've made something and the middle didn't cook.  And it's really confusing because we've made both of those things before and they turned out perfectly the first time.  So I'm not sure what's going on.

So that's out story.  We have another long day ahead of us today, so fare thee well!

No comments:

Post a Comment